Mossberg 702 plinkster reassembly?

PDA

Glock19Fan
September 29, 2007, 01:40 AM
Hello.

I was disassembling my Mossberg 702 (which I have never cleaned before), and as I pulled the trigger group out, the recoil spring pushed everything out of order. Anyway, I have no idea how to get the plastic buffer back in. I think I can see where the back of the firing pin hits it, but any way I try to put it in it doesnt seem to fit. Especially when I try to put the trigger group back in.

I am not sure how familiar THR members are with this rifle, but it is worth a try.

Thanks for any help!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 702 plinkster reassembly?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stevetford
September 29, 2007, 12:49 PM
Well, I bought my wife the same model about 6 months ago. Got it home cleaned it of all the factory assembly lube and ran into the same problem. But after I figured it out it turns out to be very simple. The bad thing is I forgot what the trick was. I can go home tonoght and tear hers back down and let you know what the trick is. I am sure the thing needs cleaned again anyways.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 702 plinkster reassembly?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!