Which one to sell

PDA

-terry
September 29, 2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Guize,
I have four handguns and want to sell one of them. What do you suggest?

.22 Browning Buckmark Stainless URX. Almost new. With scope.
9mm Walther P99c. For carry. Shoots well, one year old.
9mm CZ 97b stainless. Worked up for competition, which I guess I won't do, very accurate.
.45 Sig P220. Target Trigger, 1985. Smooth as butter and a great shooter.

Which one should I sell? I can't decide.

-terry

If you enjoyed reading about "Which one to sell" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lonestar49
September 29, 2007, 03:06 PM

The one you use least, or need, for whatever you own your guns for.

Or, the one that is least likely to do the job, of whatever, with the least amount of shots fired.

Or the one that cost the MOST to use, and is putting a crimp in your pocket book.

Or the one that has given you the most grief, jams, need of fixing, etc.

Or the one that holds the least amount of gleam in your eyes.

LS

CWL
September 29, 2007, 03:35 PM
If you have to, dump the Walther. The remaining 3 are classics.

If you have to sell any more, I suggest you sell a kidney...

armoredman
September 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
CZ97 or CZ75? If you have a 97 in 9mm, hang on to it - it's the only one ever made! :) If it's a CZ75 in 9mm, still hang on, excellent pistol. If you reload, sell the 22. If you don't reload, sell the 45, cheaper to shoot the others, and 9mm will certainly do the job with decent ammo.

hexidismal
September 29, 2007, 03:56 PM
armoredman got to it first, but I had the same question...

9mm CZ97b ?

glockman19
September 29, 2007, 04:07 PM
Dump the 9mm Walther P99c.

koja48
September 29, 2007, 07:40 PM
The Walther, BUT, I would like a Buckmark someday . . .

10-Ring
September 30, 2007, 03:17 AM
Of the options you provide, I would sell the Walther because I'm just not a fan of the 99c ;)

September 30, 2007, 03:18 PM
What's the purpose of selling one?

Ala Dan
September 30, 2007, 04:30 PM
If you must, here is another vote to dump the Walther; as the SIG P220 can do
anything the Walther can do, and do it better~! ;)

The .45 ACP P220 may cost you more too shoot; but the cost will be
made up in the accuracy of the weapon. :D:D

shooter429
September 30, 2007, 05:19 PM
Keep the Sig too as these are both accurate, great handling weapons. Both will be great for targets, plinking etc. The Sig is top shelf service/defense gun in a great caliber.

So Walther or CZ?

I would say either 9 would be expendable if they were mine, but I would lean towards keeping a comp gun cuz you already invested time and material that you won't be able to recover at the sale.

So, sell the Walther.

Hope this helps

Shooter429

bannockburn
September 30, 2007, 07:12 PM
Well the Walther and the CZ are both the same caliber... So I guess which ever one of those two which could be more readily replaced at a future date (Walther), or which one is still box stock and therefore has broader appeal on the open market (Walther). I would not want to be without a .22, or a .45, for that matter

f4t9r
September 30, 2007, 07:37 PM
you should keep them. One always regrets selling one of the family

Zen21Tao
October 1, 2007, 06:28 AM
If you don't NEED it to carry, I'd say to dump the Walther. If you look at what you can get out of each gun now vs replacement costs later, the Walther looks like it would be the easiest and cheapest to replace at a later time. CZs are becoming much more popular and as such, value is rising higher in on them every day. And the Sig, well Sigs holds their value real well. But, used Walther P99c are much less plentiful right now (making them in higher demand) but, as time goes by, more and more will make it to the used market. As more hit the used market, competition to fill demand should drive the prices on them down. Personally, I believe that you should be able to get more out of it right now than it would cost you to replace it later.

ADKWOODSMAN
October 1, 2007, 07:54 AM
DON'T sell any, you'll regret it in the longrun.
RDH

MPanova
October 1, 2007, 08:06 AM
How much do you want for the P99? :D

-terry
October 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
It's a CZ75 9mm. I appreciate all the replies. The concencus seems to be to sell the Walther, but then I'd have no carry gun. I don't carry often but I can't see myself carrying the sig, it's very big. Lots of food for thought here guys.

The problem, and the reason I posted, is that they are all really nice guns. Clean, good looking, no FTFs with any of them, accurate.

I don't really need the money...if I did the kidney idea sounds good.

BTW, I have a whole reloading setup, 3K of brass for 9 and 45, yada, yada, so they aren'e expensive to shoot. Only problem is I haven't shot any of them in the past 6 months...I've been racing RC sailboats of all things.

-terry

dav
October 3, 2007, 10:14 PM
Part of the equation might be "which would be easiet to sell"?

I'll take the Sig.

Okay, question answered! ;)

orionengnr
October 3, 2007, 10:47 PM
I would not sell my carry pistol (until I had a new one bought, tested and trusted).

I would not sell a .22 if you shoot it. It is the most economical caliber to shoot.

If I were set up to reload .45 acp, I'd keep that one as well.

At this point, we have it narrowed down a bit, don't we?... :)

crebralfix
October 3, 2007, 11:16 PM
Sell me the P220 for $300...it can't be worth much if it's that old ;)

TokyoShapiro
October 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
dump the browning buckmark and the walther p99c

-terry
October 4, 2007, 02:22 PM
orionengr has kinda got me thinking his way. Keep the carry gun for SD, keep the .22 for plink and range fun, keep the .45 for HD.

That leaves the tricked out CZ. Hmmm, I've got $700 into it. Still wondering how much I'd get for a Kidney. ;)

Walkalong
October 4, 2007, 02:48 PM
Walther..........You carry IT, instead of the SIG!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE

Anna's Dad
October 4, 2007, 02:57 PM
If you're comfortable carrying the Sig or the CZ or will be buying another carry gun, I would sell the Walther. If not, you should keep the Walther as it is the gun you carry.

If you don't sell the Walther, and really need to sell one of them, I would sell the CZ. I'm really like the CZ but I just think the Sig in .45 is a better choice and everyone should have a .22 due to the price of .22 ammo.

doc2rn
October 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
For every reason stated 9mm Walther should be the one to go. It is a duplicate platform which you have another for the CZ.

shooter429
October 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
Hmmm, if you don't want it... :)

Shooter429

James NM
October 5, 2007, 10:14 PM
The only reasons I can think of to sale one of them is if you need the money or you don't like one of them. But since you don't, there is no reason to sale one. If you don't have a reason to sale one of them, than why do it?

If you sale one of them, what will you have to show for the money say, a year from now? My guess is nothing. Just put it up, and a year from now you can pull it out and be glad you still have it. You don't have to shoot a gun (but it helps) to enjoy owning it.

If you think your guns would be happier being shot, I'll volunteer my services.:evil:

PT-Partners
October 7, 2007, 07:29 AM
Are you selling because you want to or need to.

Figure the one that has the least use to you.

With what everyone has said and you have a duplicate in 9mm, sell one of the 9mms, the one that has the least use to you.

kolob10
October 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
Dump the Walther.

chaim
October 7, 2007, 03:11 PM
You said:

I don't really need the money...

To me needing the money or disliking a gun (which obviously you don't since you have to ask which to sell) are really the only reasons to sell. Maybe if you want to consolodate to one or two calibers, MOA, brands, etc.

If your reason for selling is you aren't shooting much and you are more into another hobby right now, don't sell. Sure, it will give you extra money to put into that hobby, but so will waiting a bit and saving for what you want. Eventually, you may get more into shooting again and then you'll be kicking yourself for selling. Also, outside of a need for some reason, you shouldn't sell- if you bought them new fairly recently (within a couple years) you'll probably lose money on the sale, and if you might replace them later they will cost you more then than what you paid or will get for them, so financially it only makes sense if you really dislike the gun and want to be rid of it or if you really have to sell because you really need the money.

Now, if you still want to sell, I don't think you have any obvious candidates:

-The Buckmark? You really should have a .22lr on hand, they are much less money to feed. A standard Buckmark probably won't give you that much money anyway.

-The Walther? It is your carry gun, and like you said, for you the 220 is too big to carry (in which case I'm sure the CZ is too).

-The CZ? You seem to have a lot of money invested in this gun. You won't get any of that money for custom work back. In fact, since it isn't stock, it may be harder to sell and thus you may have to drop the price below what a stock gun would be worth in order to sell it in a reasonable time frame.

-The SIG? Everyone needs at least one .45ACP. It would be unAmerican to not have a .45 ;) . Seriously, it is a great caliber for fun, the range, and home defense. You have two 9mms in the Walther and CZ, this is it for .45ACP. SIG is also a great platform. You shouldn't sell unless you really need to.

So, I see no obvious candidates. Try it, if the SIG will work CCW for you (you may need to change carry style and holster style) sell the Walther. Since you reload (making shooting more economical) and if you don't use it much, maybe the Buckmark. I'd keep the SIG if at all possible though, and I'd be hesitant to sell a CZ 75B with $700 in it since you may only get half that (or even less depending upon your local market).

AtticusThraxx
October 7, 2007, 04:53 PM
Good rule of thumb:
Never, never, and I mean never sell/trade or give away a Sig.

-terry
October 7, 2007, 07:56 PM
Great replies and thoughts, guys. I guess you've persuaded me to keep all four on the theory that when I start shooting again I'll be glad to have them all. For me the obvious choice would be the CZ, but dang, I like that gun.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll keep them all.

-terry

skeezix
October 8, 2007, 02:25 PM
What kind of "scope" you got on the Buckmark? My inquiring mind wants to know.

Lorin

REPOMAN
October 10, 2007, 02:45 PM
I'd shed the Walther......

possum
October 10, 2007, 02:56 PM
i wouldn't sell any of them but if i absiolutly had to i would drop the cz

halvey
October 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
Sell the .45.

You have 2 guns in 9mm, so thats a common caliber. And the .22 is just a great plinker.

ozwyn
October 10, 2007, 05:40 PM
If you don't need the money, you don't need to sell either.

Keep them and remove any chance of future regrets.

-terry
October 15, 2007, 08:02 PM
The scope on my Buckmark is a MatchDot. I originally tried a holographic from Bushnell but it was so blurry I sent it back. I like the MD. Clear, easy to see and repeatable adjustmets.

Phil DeGraves
October 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
Don't sell any of them if you don't have to. If you need to, sell the Buckmark. It will be the easiest (and cheapest) to replace.

Tully M. Pick
October 16, 2007, 02:35 PM
I've only sold one gun, and I regret it every time I think about it. A great looking Bulgarian Makarov, with almost a perfect finish.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which one to sell" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!