Charter Arms magpug

PDA

KaceCoyote
September 30, 2007, 10:50 PM
For a cheap college kid who has a supply of free .357 due to a handloading father, and who has a very limited local selection of pawnshops and used markets whats ideal?

Charter Arms, the new Charter arms seems alright. For a mostly .38 sometimes .357 I think the pug would be acceptable. Superior to a Taurus, I'm not sure.

Whats the general opinion fellas?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Charter Arms magpug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KFISHCAT
October 1, 2007, 12:40 PM
The Charters I have handled lately have had very gritty triggers and the fit and finish are horrible. I think you are better off with Taurus.

DaleCooper51
October 1, 2007, 12:53 PM
If funds are limited, I would just keep looking for a used revolver that passes the check out. Last weekend I saw a nice ruger speed six for $275 and an experienced S&W 19 4" for $250. Deals are out there, just need some patience and luck.

Mojo-jo-jo
October 1, 2007, 12:59 PM
Taurus is much better. I used to have a Charter Bulldog Pug (probably late 1990's), and it was very poorly made.

That said, a relative has an early 1980's Charter .38 that's really not bad. But I would stay away from the later Charter stuff.

JERRY
October 1, 2007, 02:51 PM

JERRY
October 1, 2007, 02:53 PM
for the same price of a new Charter Arms, you can get a used but more reliable S&W.

i say shop around the net, way around the Charter Arms line....

Haywood
October 5, 2007, 09:39 PM
The Charter seems light for enjoyable 357 shooting. The grips don't feel soft enough to be comfortable.
I have never shot one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Charter Arms magpug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!