Cleanest shooting 9mm ammo?

PDA

TnShooter83
September 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
What is the cleanest shooting 9mm ammo out there for general plinking?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleanest shooting 9mm ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Geno
September 30, 2007, 11:06 PM
In terms of the power residue, Win Clean. In terms of no copper in the barrel, Rem UMC (green box). That's my experience.

P. Plainsman
September 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
I won't swear to the cleanest, but Federal Am. Eagle TMJ (their "clean" offering - non toxic primers) is very clean burning 9mm. I like it.

To paraphrase R.E.M., shiny empty cases on the grass...

Joe Mamma
September 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
CCI Blazer (aluminum case)

Joe Mamma

TnShooter83
October 1, 2007, 12:27 AM
Sorry I should have said in "powder"
so far no copper problems.....

Double Naught Spy
October 1, 2007, 07:27 AM
Funny thing about "clean" and "dirty" ammo. The only differences I have seen come at low shot counts. So there may be a difference at 50 rounds. At 200-300 rounds, clean and dirty ammo leaves the barrel looking about the same.

FieroCDSP
October 1, 2007, 07:47 AM
I happened to pick up a win-clean case a guy was firing in his .45. I don't know about his barrel, but the inside of that case was almost new-brass clean. If the 9mm is the same, that is pretty freakin clean.

bluetopper
October 1, 2007, 11:19 AM
I'll chalk up another vote for CCI Blazer aluminum cased ammo.

Clean, cheap and hard to beat.

Glockafella
October 1, 2007, 06:23 PM
I shot 300+ rounds of WinClean through my new PF-9...which is a gun that gets pretty darn dirty quick. I was amazed how clean the powder burns. You can pick up the used brass and see it for yourself. shiny on the inside.

Winclean is what I shot at the range...the extra money I spend saves me clean up time.

Halo is for Kids
October 2, 2007, 03:52 AM
From thread: http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=303786

I recently went through a box of .380 WWB and a box of .380 Win-Clean ammo as part of the break in on a Kel-Tec P3AT and I thought I would share the difference between the two.

I used the 90 grn ammo in two separate range sessions to see if the gun was considerably cleaner after 50 rounds. After the 50 USA WWB the gun was as dirty as usually expected, requiring solvent and heavy scrubbing to remove the fouling. After 50 of the Win-clean the gun was just about spotless. All it took to clean the gun was some oil on a brush for a few passes and a lightly oiled cloth wipe-down.

I've used 124 grn 9mm Win clean with similar results.

I didn’t take photos of the gun at the time but you can tell the difference by looking at the cases I saved:

WWB on the right and Win-clean on the left…
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/haloisforkids/Sidenew.jpg

WWB on the bottom and Win-clean on the top…
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/haloisforkids/Topnew.jpg

Glockafella
October 2, 2007, 12:34 PM
DING DING DIN...we have a winner!

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleanest shooting 9mm ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!