What's the story behind the "I'm from the Internet" pic.

PDA

cwmcgu2
October 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
I see this pic all the time and its a hilarious example of an "armchair commando" or "mall ninja." But I've always wondered, is there a history behind the picture? Who found it? What the heck is this guy doing? So on and so on....
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/FastFrank4x4/oddball/InternetCommando.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "What's the story behind the "I'm from the Internet" pic." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MASTEROFMALICE
October 1, 2007, 09:53 PM
:what: I'm not sure but I've never seen a brain bucket fit that tight.

geekWithA.45
October 1, 2007, 09:53 PM
It would serve us all right if it turned out that the kid was dying of some horrible ameobic thing, and that playing soldier was courtesy of the Make A Wish Foundation.

We'd all feel just marvy if that turned out to be the case, eh?

Thain
October 1, 2007, 09:57 PM
I first encountered it on an Airsoft Hobbyist forum, so I am inclined to beleive that "Sgt. Internets" is a rather rotund fan of that hobby. The industrial spool behind him, next to what looks like a shipping pallet, says two things to me:

A) Airsoft/Paintball feild cover... and, B) New dining room set! :D

nalioth
October 1, 2007, 10:02 PM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1954/cosmotactical3acbr0.jpg

One ticket, please.

Ragnar Danneskjold
October 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
Oh my lord, that is one high speed soldier.

armoredman
October 1, 2007, 10:31 PM
John Candy jr., in the remake of "Stripes".

JWarren
October 2, 2007, 12:09 AM
It would serve us all right if it turned out that the kid was dying of some horrible ameobic thing, and that playing soldier was courtesy of the Make A Wish Foundation.

Are we sure that isn't a prosthetic mask? I am looking a the photo, and it seems that something isn't right with the skin texture. But then again, the nose and nostrils look real.

-- John

Glock22
October 2, 2007, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Are we sure that isn't a prosthetic mask? I am looking a the photo, and it seems that something isn't right with the skin texture. But then again, the nose and nostrils look real.

-- John

That skin texture you are talking about is called fat, lots of it.

Jorg Nysgerrig
October 2, 2007, 01:10 AM
I saw a discussion about this kid awhile back. I believe he's an airsofter from the UK or something of that nature.

Not really a gun related topic though.

kurtmax
October 2, 2007, 01:33 AM
This is one of the few pictures I can see over and over again and never fail to laugh (out loud).

Sgt. Internets --- I salute you!

Zeke Menuar
October 2, 2007, 01:48 AM
Go to ARFCOM and search for SGT Sugarcookie and Heavy 6

That will keep you in stitches for weeks

ZM

230RN
October 2, 2007, 01:50 AM
Opposite view:

[CRYSTAL BALL]
I see the young person getting active, getting excited about something, having fun not just by eating Twinkies(TM), starting to move around, losing a pound a month even though he's still growing, starting to take up martial arts.... and in five years...
[/CRYSTAL BALL]

woodybrighton
October 2, 2007, 04:54 AM
bloke in the background carrying the gpmg is actually in the TA and served in Iraq ( still hasn't saved him form a merciless piss taking).
not so much cause he plays airsoft but dressing up as a para.

El Tejon
October 2, 2007, 08:50 AM
He's in the TA???:what:

Never again will I run down American fitness standards.:uhoh:

Jorg Nysgerrig
October 2, 2007, 09:35 AM
He's in the TA???

He's saying the guy in the background is, not the subject filling most of the frame.

Here's an less cropped version where you can see the other guy.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=64880

wheelgunslinger
October 2, 2007, 10:02 AM
Geek's right.
Being curious about the story is one thing.
Dogpiling an overweight person in a picture is pretty low.

And, the irony of a bunch of people on a message board hammering a guy who is out doing something is pretty tasty too.

TexasRifleman
October 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
Isn't that a MILES Transceiver on the weapon? Can't remember what they look like but it seems to have both a laser and receptor.

If so, that ain't paintball since those things run into the many thousands of dollars.

Gun Wielding Maniac
October 2, 2007, 10:48 AM
You're right. It isn't paintball, it's airsoft. Also, it's a copy of a PAQ-4 IR laser.

hso
October 2, 2007, 10:53 AM
Consider that at least he's out of doors and doing something instead of sitting in front of a keyboard worshiping the cyclopean god. He's also probably a fan of firearms and would love it if he could own the real version of their airsoft gear and would be happy if you could also. I'm sure that there are plenty of THR members that look just like this guy as well.

Since this is OT and there's no place for adolescent "mean kids" crap on THR this one is closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's the story behind the "I'm from the Internet" pic." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!