stainless or alloy?

PDA

mick53
October 2, 2007, 01:36 AM
hi,

thinking of picking up a one of the para ordnance hawg 45s.

there are a few different configurations of this pistol.

my main question is should i get one of the stainless steel versions or go with the alloy?

the pistol will get 200-400 rds of cheap of 230gr winch white box initially and then, if reliable, it will become the "car" gun which means it will get 2-3 mags through it every 6 months or so.

which should i select, stainless or alloy and why?

thank you very much,

mike

If you enjoyed reading about "stainless or alloy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
October 2, 2007, 02:20 AM
I prefer the handling & durability of stainless over alloy.

sm
October 2, 2007, 02:55 AM
Steel

Guitargod1985
October 2, 2007, 04:17 AM
I'd go stainless, but that's just a preference of mine.

For one thing, the heavier frame will reduce felt recoil, which is a plus. Also, if it will be your car gun, weight won't be as much of a concern as it would if you were carrying. The Hawg series is fairly light anyway, so you shouldnt have any problems either way. The stainless steel finish will hold up better against rust, as well. There are many things I like about Florida, but that humidity sure is a killer for our guns. I'm to the point where I won't even buy a handgun that's blued anymore.

Alan Fud
October 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
Due to the lighter weight, the alloy one will be easier to carry. Conversely, due to the heavier weight, the steel one will be easier to shoot due to less felt recoil.

Depends which one is more important to you.

Harley Quinn
October 3, 2007, 12:35 PM
For shooting the heavier is better (as already mentioned).

If you are going to carry (car) it is only a few ounces, that is not the criteria I would be concerned with. If you are going to be putting a lot of rounds down range that is what I'd be concerned with.

From what you are mentioning, personal preference (you) is the main issue as I see it. Others should give their thoughts but you need to make the call on your desires.

:uhoh:

ninja45
October 3, 2007, 07:10 PM
Car gun, not for carry? STEEL!

If you enjoyed reading about "stainless or alloy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!