steel or alloy?

PDA

mick53
October 2, 2007, 02:27 AM
hi,

i beleive this is a "general interest" question as well as a semi-auto question.

anyway, i'm thinking of picking up a one of the para ordnance hawg 45s.

there are a few different configurations of this pistol.

my main question is should i get one of the stainless steel versions or go with the alloy?

the pistol will get 200-400 rds of cheap of 230gr winch white box initially and then, if reliable, it will become the "car" gun which means it will get 2-3 mags through it every 6 months or so.

which should i select, stainless or alloy and why?

thank you very much,

mike

If you enjoyed reading about "steel or alloy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
October 2, 2007, 02:52 AM
While it is always a matter of opinion I generaly think that an alloy receiver is best for the weight reduction of a carried gun. A car gun, or range gun, or house gun will benifit from the steel by being stronger and reducing recoil from the added weight.

There of course is a "handling" aspect to the formula and that is almost 100% personal.

Snapping Twig
October 2, 2007, 03:21 AM
Both my ACP's are alloy. Sig 220 and Kimber. There's pluses and minuses for each. The ACP doesn't recoil so badly that alloy is a handicap.

My 220 is a 1987 and it's got thousands of rounds through it with no sign of wear.

If you enjoyed reading about "steel or alloy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!