Del Mar Gunshow

PDA

Slinky
October 2, 2007, 08:45 PM
Just curious, are any other THR members going to be there?

I'm planning to go saturday, it'll be my first show (being able to buy anything) and I was wondering if anybody had any advice as far as things/vendors to look out for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Del Mar Gunshow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joe4702
October 2, 2007, 10:21 PM
I'll be there Sat. morning to help out at the NRA Members Council booth.

Years ago there use to be some good deals on guns - not so sure that's the case any more. I haven't bought a gun at a show in a long while, so maybe someone else can chime in about good gun deals at the show. Now that I think of it, I might be interested in picking up an OLL.

Miwall typically has good prices on ammo and reloading supplies and you avoid the mail order hazmat fee. I can also usually find accessories (range bags, targets, etc) at ok prices.

Be sure to walk the whole show before buying anything, so you can find the best price.

Overall, after you pay parking and the show fee, it'd probably be cheaper to buy most stuff online. However, I think its good to go to support the show. At one time, it was under threat of being banned.

PS - The CrossRoads website has a $1 off coupon you can print out to save a buck on admission.

Have fun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Del Mar Gunshow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!