Double TAP .357 Ammo?

PDA

CZF
October 3, 2007, 05:19 PM
Hi guys.

While I have some experience with Autoloader ammo from DT..and actually like the spread the good news about the fantastic products at Double Tap Ammo.

I'd like to hear your comments on the 158 grain Gold Dot in .357 Magnum.

This would be used in a 6 inch Model 19 for hiking/outdoors defense.

If you enjoyed reading about "Double TAP .357 Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black_Talon
October 3, 2007, 08:28 PM
Aren't Gold Dot bullets sort of optimized to work to spec within a certain velocity range?

Speer's published velocity (out of a 4" vented barrel) is 1235fps. DT's published velocity from a 4" is 1400fps. I guess what I'm wondering is whether drive a Gold Dot bullet faster than it was engineered to go would compromise it's performance? I have nothing concrete to base this on, I'm just sort of throwing this out for discussion.

wnycollector
October 4, 2007, 08:28 AM
Before I picked up my S&W 28-2 I carried DT 230gr FMJ flat points in my SIG P220 whenever I was camping or hiking black bear areas. I would also like to know some more about their 180 or 200gr flat points. I currently carry S&B 158's fmj

timothy75
October 4, 2007, 10:34 AM
I dont see anything wrong with it, several mfg's offer a 158gr sp at 1250fps I'd prefer myself. good luck

mavracer
October 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
Aren't Gold Dot bullets sort of optimized to work to spec within a certain velocity range?
if you e-mail speer directly and ask them (as I have) they will tell you that their bonded core are fine at double taps velocity.

If you enjoyed reading about "Double TAP .357 Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!