Help me ID the JHP bullets

PDA

righteousbarbarian
October 4, 2007, 12:03 AM
I found a few less expensive JHP defense ammo for autoloaders and I was wondering if anyone happened to know what kind of bullets each of these companies used.

1) Georgia Arms "Canned Heat" JHP (.40S&W and .45ACP)

2) Black Hills JHP new (.40S&W and .45ACP)

3) Federal JHP XM40HB (.40S&W) - are these the new HST bullets or the old ones?

Do you know of any lower priced cartridges that use very high quality JHP bullets?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me ID the JHP bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
righteousbarbarian
October 4, 2007, 11:57 AM
I have a call through to Federal but I haven't received a response yet. I did find out that Black Hills generally uses Hornady XTP bullets in their JHP pistol ammunition. Georgia Arms said something about using a "Star bullet" but I've never heard of that before. Does anyone know what the are talking about?

Deer Hunter
October 4, 2007, 12:18 PM
Federal HST is the actual name of the rounds made with the new HST bullets, I know that much. So I don't think those federals have the HST bullets.

Vitamin G
October 4, 2007, 05:04 PM
Black Hills used to use gold dots, and switched to hornaday i believe.
When i bought some last time at Cabela's, i opened them up and made sure I got the last remaining gold dots.
I miss the gold dots :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me ID the JHP bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!