AR disconnector?

PDA

ndh87
October 4, 2007, 02:02 PM
I just assembled my first AR lower and as i was looking at how everything works, and i started to wonder...

what happens if you remove the disconnecter and then shoot the rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR disconnector?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
October 4, 2007, 02:03 PM
possible answer? you go to club fed.

likely answer. the rifle fires once and strips a round and thew hammer follows forward. doing nothing
added:http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=285714&highlight=disconnector

MrPeter
October 4, 2007, 02:11 PM
Better not to press this one any further. Refer to the post linked by Hoppy590 and leave it alone.

ndh87
October 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
Well, that answers my question pretty well, I didnt think it would cause it to become full auto.

Right now i still dont have a stock or an upper, but im already thinking about building another, there are just too many options, gotta have em all:D

And just to be clear, i had no interest in attempting to illegally modifying my rifle. It was just one of those questions I had to ask because i kept wondering.

Hoppy590
October 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
its ok we all wonder some times. and even then theres nothing wrong with seeking knowldge in any form. its just you dont want to give any one a reason to give you a hard time. all it takes is an out tailight for a cop to stop ya kind of thing

SDC
October 4, 2007, 03:45 PM
It becomes a one-shot jamo-matic, the way the semi versions are designed to be; as the bolt carrier tries to return to battery, the nose of the hammer will catch on the lip on the underside of the bolt carrier, leaving you with a round partially chambered and no way to do anything with the rifle until you drop the mag, work the action, re-insert the mag, work the action again, and then you'll be ready to do exactly the same thing over again.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR disconnector?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!