Defensive Minded Girlfriend

PDA

45Guy
October 4, 2007, 07:36 PM
I was talking to my girlfriend, and said "I know your ok with me having a gun for defense in the apartment, but do you want one?" I was expecting a no or something similar, but instead got "I would like one.":D I was so surprised and happy that she said that! Plus were looking at safes, and deciding what other security measures we want to take. Now we're looking at different pistols for her. I'm so happy she's thinking this way.

Is your significant other of a like mind?

If you enjoyed reading about "Defensive Minded Girlfriend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr. Peter Venkman
October 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yes, and not just pertaining to those kinds of guns, either.

Thain
October 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
As I type this I am, literally juggling a toddler who is attempting to jump out of my arms, and her yogurt snack that I am trying to get into her bowl, as I start to make dinner...

My wife is at the shooting range with her new shotgun, her newer rifle, and my handgun... It's her third trip to the range this week. :rolleyes:

So, no, my wife isn't exactly "like minded," she's more into it than I am!

"Have you ever been with a warrior woman?" -Hoban "Wash" Washburn (Firefly)

marklbucla
October 5, 2007, 01:04 AM
Not super interested in guns, but will go with me to the range whenever I do and will outshoot me with a scoped .22LR.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5200/img0772ayi4.jpg

(You should know the drill by now on threads like this)

CNYCacher
October 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
(You should know the drill by now on threads like this)

Yup. Tomorrow this thread will be 200 posts long, and it will consist of

17 posts that contain pictures of pretty girls shooting along with captions like.
"This is my {wife,girlfriend}, she shoots better than me!"
166 posts of "Damn, {screenname}, you are a LUCKY MAN!"
10 gun/breast innuendos ("Pair of 38's hehehe")
5 posts from actual women saying how THEY like to go to the range
THIS POST
1 post from Justin about how it has run it's course, closed.

45Guy
October 5, 2007, 01:38 AM
That's probably how it will go. My gf is also getting into guns BIG TIME. She goes with me to the range, and made me promise we'd go more often:D She loves .22's the most, but is wanting to shoot different guns from time to time.

BridgeWalker
October 5, 2007, 01:46 AM
17 posts that contain pictures of pretty girls shooting along with captions like.
"This is my {wife,girlfriend}, she shoots better than me!"

So, is Thain the only guy with an ugly wife/gf who shoots better than him? :p

Ala Dan
October 5, 2007, 03:03 AM
Your girl friend has the proper mind set~! :cool:;)

Thain
October 5, 2007, 10:25 AM
So, is Thain the only guy with an ugly wife/gf who shoots better than him?

Y'know, I was all set to make a scathing retort about how my wife is both very pretty and very heavily armed. Then I read the user name.... :rolleyes:

delta9 is Mrs. Thain, for those of you playing the home game.

gaowlpoop
October 5, 2007, 10:42 AM
My wife also takes an active part in defense. She is actually a better shot then I am. Here is a picture of her with her birthday present that our boys got her. It is an XD-9 Subcompact.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/gaowlpoop/DesiandXD90015.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/gaowlpoop/DesiandXD90013.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Defensive Minded Girlfriend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!