Waiting period for CCW?

PDA

IdahoFarmer
January 9, 2003, 04:23 PM
So... as stated in my last thread, I'm moving to Idaho... someone made reference to a 6 month(!) CCW waiting period... anyone have the skinny on this? Is this fairly standard? What gives?

Any other important Idaho specific CCW info that one shoudl be aware of? I'll be in Ada County.

Thanks much in advance for the help.

Farmer

If you enjoyed reading about "Waiting period for CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
January 9, 2003, 04:40 PM
Contact the Idaho Department of Public Safety.

Standing Wolf
January 9, 2003, 11:01 PM
When I looked at Idaho last summer before leaving the People's Republic of California, I discovered new Idahoans need to wait six months before applying for CCW licenses, as well as six months before buying firearms. I heard the exact same thing from owners of three gun shops, so I believed it.

J.Gillespie
January 9, 2003, 11:13 PM
IdahoFarmer....

Why don't you stop in here (NV) and take the CCW class real quick before your move to Idaho? A Nevada CCW is good in Idaho, Utah, Michigan, Montana, Indiana, Alaska. Although processing takes 100-120 days. Well, just a thought :rolleyes:

IdahoFarmer
January 10, 2003, 12:54 AM
Found this link on the packing.org website:

http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=180330002.K

Doesn't reference anything about a 6 month waiting period... neither does the packing.org website...

looks like it's time to make some phone calls.

Farmer

If you enjoyed reading about "Waiting period for CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!