New carry piece

PDA

Big Boomer
October 5, 2007, 05:48 PM
Well, it's been only days since my last purchase and I need to set my eyes on something else to save up for.

So I am looking for yet another carry piece...why...these are the words of my loving wife. Because I just do.

What I have now for primary carry:

Ruger SP101 357
XD-45 5"
1911 Colt GCNM

What I am looking at now (must be a .45 cal) (or bigger ;))

Springfield Loaded 1911
H&K 45
Possibly the S&W M&P with that new 14 rd mag I heard about...

Reasons for the 1911, I love em! They are purdy! I already have many many mags for them, and a carry rig for it already plus mag carriers, etcetera. (that adds up quick)

H&K well I have heard they are great guns, it has a fully supported chamber and able to run 45 Super out of the box + spring change(not that I couldn't convert the other)

M&P I dunno, just heard a few good things about them.

Are there any others that I have missed? I'm wanting to stay with auto's this go round they are the minority and threatening a suit against me. The revolvers are gangin up on them!

Reliability a must, weight who cares, size doesn't matter, trigger does matter I hate long trigger pulls but my XD is pushing the limits of what I can stand. I love single actions and that leads me to the H&K SA/DA

I saw a Springer TRP but they wanted $1300 for that thing! A bit more than I wanted to pay.

If I forgot any options let me know.

Or should I just say tahellwithit and get another rifle that I will never shoot?

If you enjoyed reading about "New carry piece" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
October 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
I have a Springfield Loaded and it's a nice gun.
As far as carry guns go, it's a bit big for my taste. I prefer the Commander length.
However, if you are into 1911s and don't want to spend a gazillion dollars for a custom gun, this is the way to go!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/denfoote/moregrips.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New carry piece" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!