Grandson In Iraq

PDA

beaucoup ammo
October 6, 2007, 12:03 PM
Clint..Marine Gunner now in Iraq since Thursday!

If you enjoyed reading about "Grandson In Iraq" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Heavy Metal Hero
October 6, 2007, 12:05 PM
Is it his turn on the rotation?

Well hopefully he will stay safe and hopefully this war ends soon.

beaucoup ammo
October 6, 2007, 12:08 PM
First timer..been waiting for months. Very Gung Ho!

Kalashnikov
October 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
What unit is he with? He looks vaguely familure (as do most marines in cammies)

SASS#23149
October 6, 2007, 12:12 PM
Thank you,Marine!

beaucoup ammo
October 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
I'll find that for you, Kalashnikov. Here's his vehicle and his unit heading out.

springmom
October 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
Thank him for his service. And tell him to stay safe.

Springmom

jpcampbell
October 6, 2007, 12:22 PM
We wish him the best of luck

Ala Dan
October 6, 2007, 12:24 PM
Sir-

We here are THR pray that GOD will keep your grandson and the rest of our
American fight'in forces safe, and out of harms way. Those assignments are
difficult tasks at best, but I'm quite sure he is up to it; because he has
received some of the best training todays military has to offer~! Many
thanks for his service to our great country; and

MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA~!

beaucoup ammo
October 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'll do it folks..thank you all!

Winter Borne
October 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
God bless to you and your family...and please tell your grandson

Semper Fi Mac

ilbob
October 6, 2007, 01:28 PM
please tell him that we appreciate what he is doing, and are thankful that he and his comrades are willing to do it for us.

RubenZ
October 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
Thank him for his service for me. I have a Cousin who has been there a year already and is on his way out tomorrow.

Owen
October 6, 2007, 05:02 PM
ooh, he's got an MRAP! sweet!

MikePGS
October 6, 2007, 05:55 PM
You must be very proud :) Tell him we all thank him for his service, and to come back safe.

Gustav
October 6, 2007, 05:59 PM
Tell him thanks for his service and what he and other have done and are doing is appreciated back here.

def4pos8
October 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
I pray that he'll return to you with all of his original parts. My son "finished" his tour at Brooke Medical Center.

Please accept a "Semper Fi!" from a Marine Dad, 1 Each.

KC&97TA
October 6, 2007, 08:11 PM
I miss Iraq. The first tour is always the funnest!

I sent a PM about one of those pictures.

beaucoup ammo
October 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
Moderators..I've been told by a poster the photos I put up should not be on the net. If so, would you remove them..I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks!

Nix
October 6, 2007, 08:15 PM
tell him thank you

thorn726
October 6, 2007, 09:01 PM
tell him even some of the hippie freaks out here in Berkeley say Thanks also.
what's wrong with those pics?
the military most likely wouldn't let him take them if they weren't allowed to be seen.
(unless you are by mistake revealing secrets which seems unlikely given the content, airbases that big are pretty well known to the world. there could be an issue of the soldiers privacy depending on govt regs, but as they are all un id able, that also seems unlikely)

prayers for def4pos8 and family also.

AndyC
October 6, 2007, 10:15 PM
All the best to him :)

Black Knight
October 6, 2007, 10:25 PM
My family will pray that his tour is short and the good Lord keeps him safe.

modifiedbrowning
October 6, 2007, 10:31 PM
I pray that he gets home safe. My brother just went over for his second tour.

wideym
October 7, 2007, 01:52 AM
I was there in 04-05 with the Army. I'm 100% disabled now, but my squad went back 7 months ago. I send them a package every month. Some things they liked was CAA mag couplers, A.G.Russell tweezers, Magpul self leveling followers, Shemaughs, and Dillon Aero calenders. I also included several skin mags and a bottle of whiskey with every box. Just label the bottle as aftershave on the customs form. Before everyone says you can't send alcohol over there, you can, your just not supposed to.:)

enfield303
October 7, 2007, 02:19 AM
As Enfield Rule #10 states, "It's far easier to ask forgiveness than permission" :evil: Tell the man Thank You for me.

Jinzoningen80
October 7, 2007, 05:25 PM
I also included several skin mags and a bottle of whiskey with every box. Just label the bottle as aftershave on the customs form. Before everyone says you can't send alcohol over there, you can, your just not supposed to.

Thats a good way to get your squad into some serious UCMJ. My unit turned its back on a lot of stuff but when alcohol was concerned, the hammer fell. Drunken soldiers in a combat environment is pretty reckless.

beaucoup ammo
October 7, 2007, 05:28 PM
Trying To Locate "Support Our Troops" Forum, but am unable to locate. Anyone Help? Thanks!

JShirley
October 7, 2007, 06:32 PM
Please be careful about sending alcohol to deployed troops. Some units make all packages be opened in front of a member of your chain of command.

beaucoup ammo: I didn't see anything sensitive in the photos, and unfortunately, there are a lot of over-cautious (and often, over-opinionated) people who really don't know out there. I've saved a version w/ your pics, if you change your mind.

To everyone: please remember that not every post will be read by a moderator. If something written needs to be taken out, and it's too late for you to edit your post, feel free to hit "report this post", with a brief explanatory note. You can also do with with objectionable posts from others.

John

Here (https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/JAGCNETInternet/Homepages/AC/ArmyLawyer.nsf/c82df279f9445da185256e5b005244ee/52865b0b752a100985256f7e006c83ca/$FILE/Article%202%20-%20By%20CPT%20Christopher%20Ford.pdf), page 32

and

U.S. Department of Defense
military, civilians, and contractors are
not authorized...The penalties are very
severe for all. Violations by civilians and
contractors can lead to termination of
employment, banning from installations
MNC-I wide, and even deportation from
Iraq. Contractors and civilians will also
have letters sent to their employers and
corporate offi ces. Servicemembers of all
services will be punished under UCMJ
actions and possible confinement. (http://www.mnci.centcom.mil/Victory_Times/VictoryTimes_Vol2_Issue012_2006-02-11.pdf)

beaucoup ammo
October 7, 2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks, John. I figured it would be acceptable to post, but will gladly defer to someone who knows of limits I'm not aware of.

REPOMAN
October 8, 2007, 09:20 AM
May GOD bless him and bring him home safe...........A very big THANK YOU....

Black Knight
October 8, 2007, 12:16 PM
wideym:
I do hope that you know that lying on a federal form is usually considered a felony. I would not advise anyone here to violate the law. We are supposed to be "law abiding citizens". I understand why you might do it but you could get into some very serious trouble. Remember there are law enforcement types on this forum.

highfive
October 8, 2007, 12:24 PM
beaucoup ammo we'll pray for him. I was there twice, back in 03 when the war began and then went back in 05-06. Now I'm not able to go back but they are always in my prayers. Be safe

Dick1911
October 8, 2007, 08:10 PM
May God Bless your grandson and hold him safe! Please pass my thanks for his service to our country.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grandson In Iraq" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!