"The Salton Sea" guns

PDA

firestar
July 11, 2003, 04:15 PM
I just watched the movie "The Salton Sea" with Val Kilmer. It had a lot of guns in it.

Did anyone see the scene where he goes to buy a gun at some black kid's place and the kid is spewing all sorts of nonsense about guns like he is some kind of a gun guru? I thought that was funny. He had a Llama and told the guy that he wasn't going to lie to Val, the gun wan't the bomb but the chrome finish was great for impressing the chicks.:D

That kid looked about 12 years old! Val decide to get a S&W .357mag that holds 8 shots and weighs 21ozs. It looked pretty cool. Is that the Scandium gun or the Titanium gun?

If you enjoyed reading about ""The Salton Sea" guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cosmoline
July 11, 2003, 05:41 PM
Val does some fine shooting with that snub, esp. since as far as I could tell he'd never shot it before. I had to laugh when the kid gunseller said it was the one to get if you needed to kill every mo-fo in the house.

Still, cool movie. I loved the "Poo Bear" character. That Kennedy assassination scene reminded me of my neighbors growing up. LMAO And who can forget Capt. Stubing!
:D

Loach
July 11, 2003, 08:05 PM
I enjoyed the movie. That kid cracked me up. I certainly don't condone black-market gun sales (private sales are one thing, but this kid was a dealer), but his character was a riot.

The rest of the movie wasn't half bad, then again I'm not much of a critic since I like 90+% of the movies I see.

firestar
July 11, 2003, 09:35 PM
Also, there was an Asian agent that had two Beretta 92fs pistols. What is it with Asian men always having multiple Berettas? A case of the John Woos or something? :D Skunk, you know what I'm talking about.

I want to get another Beretta so bad now to go with my 92fs but I don't really need it.

If you enjoyed reading about ""The Salton Sea" guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!