Old Foreign Legion movie help please!

PDA

.45Guy
October 7, 2007, 12:32 PM
Now that I have an 1886/93 Lebel on the way, I've been thinking about an older film that showcased the Lebel in North Africa. It's a fairly famous picture, but for the life of me I can't remember the title.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Foreign Legion movie help please!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The_Shootist
October 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
"Beau Geste" ...with Gary Cooper?

.45Guy
October 7, 2007, 01:00 PM
That would be it! Thank you!!!

bannockburn
October 7, 2007, 08:55 PM
Two other decent Foreign Legion flix which have the right period weaponry are: "March or Die" with Gene Hackman, 1977; and "Legionaire" starring Claude VanDamme, 1998. Its been a while since I've seen either movie, but I seem to recall they used Lebels, along with Hotchkiss machine guns.

zxcvbob
October 7, 2007, 09:59 PM
"Beau Geste" ...with Marty Feldman? 8-)

Checkman
October 7, 2007, 10:27 PM
They remade Beau Geste in the sixties as well. They used the Lebel in March or Die and Legionaire.

StopTheGrays
October 7, 2007, 10:29 PM
The Mummy? Didn't the legionaires use Lebels?

Rey B
October 7, 2007, 10:31 PM
zxcvbob That would be "The Last Remake Of Beau Geste" a truly hilarious movie that is even funnier after seeing the original.:D

Ditchtiger
October 7, 2007, 10:33 PM
"Beau Geste" ...with Marty Feldman? 8-)
Marty Feldman????????????

4v50 Gary
October 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
Beau Hunks (sometimes called Beau Chumps and later remade as The Flying Deuces) with Laurel and Hardy. :D Oly wants to forget a girl (Jean Harlow), gets Stan to join the Legion with him and off to the desert they go with Oly carrying a picture of the girl he left behind him. Their captain also carries a picture of the same girl, as does the Riff Arab Chieftain the Legion Company is defending the fort against. Classic love triangle and it's more entertaining that than Beau Geste! :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Foreign Legion movie help please!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!