I hid the handgun. Need to hide ammo.

PDA

fulloflead
October 9, 2007, 01:33 AM
I have one of these "gun swings" under my workbench and one in my nightstand:

http://www.berrysmfg.com/107.php
I LOVE this product, have several in my safe as well, and highly-recommend them.

However...

So, I've hidden the guns, but now how do I hide the magazines or speedloaders in a similar way?

We need a similar invention for magazines and speedloaders.

Anyone got any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "I hid the handgun. Need to hide ammo." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KelTecian
October 9, 2007, 01:53 AM
please tell me you dont have children

sm
October 9, 2007, 01:58 AM
I'll be damned!

Mentors & Elders were making and using that idea when I was a little brat, and still being made.
Used in vehicles too...

Speed loaders :

Two metal rods run parallel to each other just the width to hold them
By taking a cloth (we used scrap canvas, like a money bag) and sew so where a "hole" was in the cloth (like done in clothing for a drawstring) and just slip over the rods - "U" and the 1911, BHP mag inserted with round down- base up - about 1/2 the depth of mag.
Just little "U" shape pockets slip on one after another...

Speed Strips : Same as above.

Speedloaders: width of rods to accommodate release knob, "sitting" there, and we just did/do a shallow "u" , like a dip to assist in staying put.

:)

raveneap
October 9, 2007, 03:09 PM
Hope those aren't metal rods going in the bore to hold the guns.....

strat81
October 10, 2007, 06:40 PM
Hope those aren't metal rods going in the bore to hold the guns.....
There are a variety of metals out there that would be harmless to barrel steel. While plastic is probably cheaper and would work just as well, I wouldn't mind if it was brass or aluminum.

fulloflead
October 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
Heavens no, on the children thing.

Made of plastic.

I didn't quite get the "U" idea, but the parallel rods things sure sounds like a good idea. I could use two big nails or screws or drill holes for wooden dowels.
I could do long dowels that aren't quite parallel for objects of different sizes.

If you enjoyed reading about "I hid the handgun. Need to hide ammo." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!