Is there a big difference in flash between a 6 and 7 shot revolver?

PDA

onewithgun
October 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
I know it's probably a dumb question.
But is there a huge difference at nighttime between a 6 or 7 shot revolver?

I'm talking about the flames that shoot out of the sides of revolvers.

Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there a big difference in flash between a 6 and 7 shot revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gord
October 10, 2007, 11:27 PM
Why would there be? :scrutiny:

onewithgun
October 10, 2007, 11:30 PM
Not sure. That's why I'm asking.

Perhaps something different with cylinder dimensions that would affect it?

I'm no gunsmith!

Outlaws
October 10, 2007, 11:31 PM
Not because of the amount of rounds in the cylinder.

Princi
October 10, 2007, 11:33 PM
The only way there would be more flash with a 7 would be if the cylinders were the same side and it was necessary to move the holes closer to the outer edge in order to have 7 holes. I doubt much if that would ever be the case.

Want low flash? Get a Russian Nagant Revolver.:)

jrfoxx
October 11, 2007, 05:00 AM
well, someone's going to say it eventually, so it might as well be me for a change....

Yes, the difference is that there will be 1 more flash.....:evil::D

foghornl
October 11, 2007, 07:59 AM
The "flash" is primarily a function of the cylinder and barrel/forcing cone gap.

If you have access to 2 revolvers of the same caliber, but different amounts of cylinder/barrel gap, load them both with the same ammo, and observe the flash at the gap.

HeXeD775
October 11, 2007, 08:04 AM
that's an interesting question...but why would you be worried about revolver flash at night???:uhoh:

Baron357
October 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
Yes, the difference is that there will be 1 more flash.....

Thats it, 6 or 7 has no effect otherwise.

damien
October 11, 2007, 01:29 PM
I have a 686+ and I have not noticed any difference. But I don't have a "classic" 686 to compare it to. It seems to be about the same amount as a GP100.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there a big difference in flash between a 6 and 7 shot revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!