Anyone have a CZ-83?

PDA

goon
July 12, 2003, 11:31 AM
I think I want one. I already have a CZ-75 and a 452, so I know that they make high quality guns. I would just like a little more insight before I lay the money down. Won't be for a few months anyway.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have a CZ-83?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
martin
July 12, 2003, 03:12 PM
I've been putting off a purchase of the 83 for too long. I meant to buy one when they were importing the 9x18 and waited too long. That caliber is now discontinued.

Next was one in .32acp and though it is still listed in their catalog, I have yet to find one.

I have had the opportunity to fire one in .380 and it was a great little pistol.

Were you planning on a .380 or another caliber?

Regards,
Martin

Hey! I'm a member now!!!

CZF
July 12, 2003, 05:09 PM
When the weather warms up. There seems to be alot of interest in
the smaller CZs for carry, particular to the fantastic CZ83.

Mine is an older MRI one with round trigger guard & PT NITES. When it is
hot out- the CZ83 is usually under my vest. 13 shots of .380 is far better
than 5 .38s i think.

The CZ83 is a bit large for a .380, but the heavy gun controls recoil very
well. Rock-Solid CZ performance in a gun that seems to fit most everyone.
I've never known of an '83 needing a trigger job.

PCRCCW
July 13, 2003, 07:45 AM
The 83 is one of the best out of the box CZ's made. The size is little large for a .380/Mak calibered gun but like CZF said...you get 14/13 rnds depending on what you have in your Hi Cap. The triggers are the best of the best on ANY DA gun....compared to the Python typically.
You really cant go wrong with one......get one, shoot and enjoy it.
shoot well...............

goon
July 13, 2003, 12:41 PM
I want the .380.
Not really a powerhouse round, but the gun fits my hand very well and it just looks cool.

CZF
July 13, 2003, 07:19 PM
Amen. ubercool. Something about a CZ83 that screams "Eurogun!"
One major thing about the '83. Unlike some other .380s, reliability
is not an issue.

Anybody watch FORMULA 51 where the brit badguy carried a CZ83??

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have a CZ-83?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!