Pretty cool gun deal with my wife.

PDA

p89cajun
October 12, 2007, 04:42 PM
Me and my wife are very different. She is 5' 7" about 130 pounds after just having a baby 3 weeks ago and i am 6' 0" about 335 pounds. If I try to lose weight I just end up putting it back on two months later so we decided that if I can go until june and not put it back on I get a brand new ar-15. Knowing I have an ar coming sure keeps me away from the sweets. Now if I just didn't live in south Louisiana I would have an easier time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pretty cool gun deal with my wife." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Taurus 617 CCW
October 12, 2007, 04:46 PM
One thing that has helped me maintain a decent weight over the years is switching from three meals a day to six. That sounds like a lot but I don't eat as much at each meal. Smaller portion sizes help with digestion. Just remember, your body needs food. Don't starve it or the weight will come back twice as fast. This is because your body goes into a conservation mode and holds on to the calories it has. If you trick your body by eating more frequently but smaller portions you end up losing the weight faster.

zoom6zoom
October 12, 2007, 04:48 PM
Be sure to stick a picture of that AR up on the fridge! It'll remind you everytime you reach for the handle.

I dropped 75 pounds, the only real lifestyle change I made was cutting out the fast food places and cutting out the six sodas a day. Skip the diet sodas, too. The artificial sweeteners actually make you hungrier.

Kingcreek
October 12, 2007, 05:07 PM
Eat healthy. Shop around the outside of the store not the aisles. Stay away from fast food, stay away from food in a package with a label. Eat fresh, real food. Produce and fresh meats. If you can do this for 1 month, you will realize how much better you feel. Then, if you eat fast food/processed food or junk, you will also realize how crappy it makes you feel.
Once my body got used to nothing but fresh whole healthy foods, I would feel like I had a hangover if I ate junk. Soda pop is nauseating now- like fizzy syrup. Those refined carbs will totally sap your energy after the initial boost, and then you just crave more.

strat81
October 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=302688
That thread should help. It has my response, along with some others. It might be a good idea for you to band together with "support group" of guys that also want/need to lose weight and post progress over at APS.

wdlsguy
October 12, 2007, 05:15 PM
I have been limiting my "net carbs" to < 20 grams per day for the last three weeks, and I'm down 10-11 pounds already. :cool:

springmom
October 12, 2007, 05:15 PM
If you don't exercise, now is the time to start. Even a 30 minute per day brisk walk will help a lot. No junk food. Have fruit for dessert. It can be done.

Good luck!!!

Springmom

speedball
October 12, 2007, 05:41 PM
What has worked for me (for almost 17 years now) is watching the fat grams and excercise. Good luck.

strat81
October 12, 2007, 05:50 PM
Gun related exercise: Walk around the local gun show for 1-2 hours! :)

Dr. Peter Venkman
October 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
Sounds your wife is doing a play-by-play option the same way the greek women did to end war: cut off the nookie supply.

Great results either way if it works.

boredelmo
October 12, 2007, 06:42 PM
Brown colored = no bueno
bright and colorful = yes! (except candy:P)

All diets can benefit from a 6 meal a day plan. Maximum utilization of everything you consume. Never eat past 9/10 oclock. Sleeping on a full stomach is no good.

Officers'Wife
October 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hey Cajun!

Have I got a deal for you! The family farm in Indiana needs an extra man during harvest. Most of the time you will just be sitting on a tractor seat true but there is the repair of equipment, scooping/cleaning out grain bins, milking, hand-feeding feeding cows and various other physical chores. The last city people my brother had working for him dropped 20 pounds by the end of the season.

As an added bonus - I'm told there is a 20% overpopulation of deer this year and hunting is encouraged.

Selena

MikeH
October 12, 2007, 07:01 PM
Gun related exercise: Walk around the local gun show for 1-2 hours!

... and carry as many boxes of 223 from the show to your car as you can afford. Aside from the added exercise value, you're gonna need them when you get your AR.

learningman
October 12, 2007, 08:23 PM
Good luck to you. I know how hard it is to lose the weight and keep it off. I started last January weighing 320 and I now weigh 265. I have moved since both my wife and I statred our weight loss plan and am now a member of a gym and have finally got a trainer for thr first time. I highly recommend it. They give a good head start into training your body and helping keep motivated. I have always been heavy and so has my wife. Between the two of us we have lost 125 lbs. It sounds like your wife dosen't need it but have her work out with you if possible. It really has helped the both of us stay positive and keep each other going. Again good luck and keep losing.

Stevie-Ray
October 12, 2007, 09:40 PM
Now if I just didn't live in south Louisiana I would have an easier time.Ouch. That would be rough on me. Love that Cajun food!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pretty cool gun deal with my wife." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!