Posthumous Medal of Honor

PDA

cnorman18
October 14, 2007, 03:32 PM
Take a moment to read about a genuine American hero.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/10/navy_seal_moh_071011w/

If you enjoyed reading about "Posthumous Medal of Honor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ROMAK IV
October 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
Sadly, the general media is ignoring the story, since it doesn't fit their olitical agenda. Snachez, the retired general joining in the antiwar cry, has pushed this story off the presses.

cnorman18
October 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
That's true, but I didn't want to politicize this. Just a pure tribute.

armoredman
October 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
Fair winds, and following seas, shipmate.

Richmond
October 14, 2007, 10:25 PM
I read Lone Survivor last month, Marcus Luttrel’s story of the mission and how it went terribly wrong. It is an important and sad story of lost friends and courage. It is an important book.

God bless.

Officers'Wife
October 14, 2007, 11:03 PM
For the many that serve and the precious few that never return. May God bless them all and have those that live in peace and safety honor them as the heroes they truly are.

Selena

frankcostanza
October 15, 2007, 08:18 PM
glad to see that this story is getting some media attention. this guy is a true hero. god bless him and all those like him.

Cosmoline
October 15, 2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for that note Richmond. I'll look for the book. The heroism is genuine, but I do question the tactical choices made higher up the chain. I question them very much. But that's best left for other threads.

Sistema1927
October 15, 2007, 08:42 PM
Read Lone Survivor and you will believe that every member of that SEAL team deserves the MoH.

If you enjoyed reading about "Posthumous Medal of Honor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!