Model 14-3 year of manufacture?

PDA

Odahi
October 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
Hello, all. I'm new to this, and hope to get information about my 14-3. It's been refinished, and has a few marks on it, notably the sights (looks to have been dropped at some point). I'm curious to know when it was built. Serial number is 3K308XX. 6" barrel, pinned but not recessed, with target grips. I love the trigger and the accuracy. I appreciate any help you can give me, I've been lurking a while and am very impressed with the knowledge and friendliness here. Thank you!
Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 14-3 year of manufacture?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.41Dave
October 14, 2007, 09:32 PM
Congrats on your model 14, one of the finest target revolvers ever made. Yours was made in 1971 (I'd guess late 1971 based on the serial # range) according to the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson 3rd edition.

Odahi
October 15, 2007, 07:09 PM
Thank you very much for the information. I was a freshman in High School in 1971, it's very interesting to know that my model 14 was made then. I really appreciate your help. :)

Walkalong
October 15, 2007, 07:26 PM
I was a freshman in 72, and I also have a 14-3, but I don't know when it was made. I bought in in the 80's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 14-3 year of manufacture?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!