Presidential Gun Gifts

PDA

Okiecruffler
July 12, 2003, 11:19 PM
I was watching Tales Of The Gun today, the one about Winchester. They said that Winchester had given a rifle to every president since Roosevelt, Teddy that is. It got me to wondering, did they give one to Clinton? If so, what did he do with it? Is there an address where I can send a suggestion on what he should do with it?

As a side note, you just got to love Roosevelt, they just don't make presidents like that anymore.

If you enjoyed reading about "Presidential Gun Gifts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sisco
July 12, 2003, 11:27 PM
If he got one, Clinton probably sold it to his library.

HBK
July 13, 2003, 12:15 AM
Clinton didn't deserve a rifle, or to be elected for that matter. Still, I wonder what he did with it. I hope he used better judgement with it than he did with the cigar.

Triad
July 13, 2003, 01:35 AM
IIRC they aren't allowed to keep gifts they are given while they are in office.

George Hill
July 13, 2003, 01:56 AM
Teddy kept his. And used it. IIRC.

Ian
July 13, 2003, 02:15 AM
Well, I know Bush II is getting at least one. The gun shop I'm hanging out in this summer is making him a custom 1911. It's a nice piece too...it's a shame it's being given to a politician. :(

cracked butt
July 13, 2003, 02:31 AM
Maybe he lets Hillary use it for duck hunting.:rolleyes:

4v50 Gary
July 13, 2003, 12:05 PM
I hope his came with the trigger lock attached and the key missing.

BTW, go to Springfield Armory National Historic Site and you'll see a presentation grade M-14 for Dwight Eisenhower. High polished blue and fancy grade walnut. You'd never suspect it was a military based rifle.

Jeff White
July 13, 2003, 12:15 PM
JFK was given a gold plated AR15 by Colt. An original AR15, select fire. It's in his library and there is a picture of it in RL Wilson's Colt book.

Jeff

Standing Wolf
July 13, 2003, 05:59 PM
<shudder> Snopes Clinton with a firearm? </shudder>

Benjamin
July 13, 2003, 07:42 PM
IIRC, one or more private persons gifted President Clinton with a Benelli shotgun. I have no idea what model. This was prior to 13/9/94.

There's also a presentation grade AR15 or M16 at the Springfield Armory Museum in the Presidential guns display. Simply beautiful.

AZTOY
July 13, 2003, 07:47 PM
Bush Jr got a Gold plate Revolver.

Darrin
July 13, 2003, 08:27 PM
"I think a great present for the President would be a chocolate revolver. But since's he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him really fast to give it to him." - Jack Handy

KarlG
July 13, 2003, 11:24 PM
Ian, you must hang around at Gunsmoke. That is one sweet 1911 !

Ian
July 14, 2003, 12:04 AM
Yup, I'm the new guy at Gunsmoke. It's not just one sweet 1911 - we're making ten of them. One's going to Bush, one to Ted Nugent, and the other eight are being bought by people who aren't celebrities.

If you enjoyed reading about "Presidential Gun Gifts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!