Happy Dance - another 629

PDA

Hutch
October 14, 2007, 11:31 PM
Spent the weekend at the gunshow, and an acquaintance came by the table with a a 3", non-ported, non-fluted cylinder 629. It had an action job to die for, and the trigger was narrowed and radiused for double action shooting. I would guess less than 10lbs DA, and maybe 2, 2.5 SA. He had box and papers, and a custom made (Ken Campbell) tunnel loop pancake holster. It's a 629-4, with box, papers, and firing pin on the hammer nose. I'm not sure if it's MIM parts, but I don't THINK so.

It was never my intention to have 2 3" 629's, but my Trail Boss now has a fraternal twin. And it was a good deal, at $500. Huzzah!

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Dance - another 629" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikePGS
October 14, 2007, 11:40 PM
If it has one of those locks, i hear that those are no good. If this is the case, i'll kindly provide you with my address and send you some money to ship it to me so i can get rid of it for you :D Congratulations on your purchase.

PzGren
October 15, 2007, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure if it's MIM parts, but I don't THINK so.

If the back of the trigger has an elongated slot it is MIM.

brasskeeper
October 15, 2007, 06:19 AM
Nice gun. I like the non-fluted cylinder.:)

pinkymingeo
October 15, 2007, 08:54 AM
A hammer-mounted firing pin means no MIM. For my 3" -2E I got a narrower trigger off an auction site. Dropped right in and works great. Can't beat a 3" for trail carry with 240gr at 950-1000fps. Much hotter calls for a longer, full-lug barrel IMHO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy Dance - another 629" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!