Can you indentify this?

PDA

vis--vis
October 15, 2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.projectplaylist.com/files/cdn/images/ps4_0_0.JPG

Once you get passed the "Gah!" reaction, can you tell me what kind of weapon he's holding?

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you indentify this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
October 15, 2007, 03:43 PM
From the massive slide, it's probably a Hi-Point.

Bazooka Joe71
October 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
From the massive slide, it's probably a Hi-Point.

Thats what I was thinking...Only pistol that I've seen with a slide the size of a brick would be a Hi-Point.

Someone needs to tell this guy hes going to rip his nose clean off if he pulls the trigger :D

Ghost Tracker
October 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
Hard-Chrome Hi-Point would be my guess.

yesit'sloaded
October 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
If that camera isn't on a tripod or computer that's very poor muzzle discipline. At least the finger is off the trigger.

41magsnub
October 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
At least he is holding it straight up and down...

foghornl
October 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
Not sure, but indeed looks like a chromed Hi-Point

ClickClickD'oh
October 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
Judgeing by the barrel slide fitting... I'd say a fake gun.

Zundfolge
October 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
HiPoint was my guess as well ... this is the closest thing I could find to a straight down the muzzle shot of one.

http://www.yourgunparts.com/catalog/images/hipoint.jpg

So now I'm not so sure.

Mark_from_Iowa
October 15, 2007, 03:50 PM
The front sight and trigger guard don't look quite right for a Hi Point.

vis--vis
October 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
Judgeing by the barrel slide fitting... I'd say a fake gun.

I thought so at first too, but after seeing a Hi-Point, I could be swayed. Anyone with a Hi-Point who can get a good shot for us? You can show us your gangster pose, if you like.

col_tapiocca
October 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
I guess it's a kind of Glock "gangsta pistol".
The barrel is without rifling....

Fosbery
October 15, 2007, 03:54 PM
Is it a cake?

Geronimo45
October 15, 2007, 03:56 PM
The barrel appears to be smooth, and the slide inordinately large. The barrel would appear to be pretty large itself...
Fake gun's my guess, though I couldn't tell you how it works or what it's for.

Oohrah
October 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
Don't know, but a LEO would end the pose. Looks
like a poor man's Glock, a High Point:confused:

Red Dragon
October 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
I took this just a moment ago with it resting on the case and the barrel plug in it, note the yellow thing on the left side. Also I took it using the screen on the digital camera so I wasn't looking down the barrel or anything so no one can give me crap for that so :neener:

Anyway, here ya go.

No way in hell you will ever catch me doing a gangsta pose. Especially with a Hi-point

Ghost Tracker
October 15, 2007, 04:17 PM
Well, it's no Hi-Point. Maybe a...(gulp!) brand we don't know?!? It's a Dillinger (carved from a bar of soap) and THEN Hard-Chromed.

strat81
October 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
can you tell me what kind of weapon he's holding?
Looks like a gun, aka a firearm.
+1 For good trigger discipline which is quite rare in these instances. It looks like a "self-portrait", i.e., he's holding the camera with his left hand and aiming it at himself.

SuperNaut
October 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
An idiot?

Nah, that'd be the guy holding the camera. Oh wait, I think they are one and the same!

Red Dragon
October 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
The funny thing is, after taking that picture, looking at this guy's gun almost makes the Hi-Point look aerodynamic. :D

Ghost Tracker
October 15, 2007, 04:32 PM
Well, for fear of falling off "The High Road", I'll put this another way.

Ahem...If one digitized this photo & printed it on an Practical Pistol target...it would look remarkably like some of the shoot/no-shoot targets with which I've trained in the past. Why ELSE would someone pose for such a photo?

Since when does Political Correctness trump dangerous pistol handling technique?

ClickClickD'oh
October 15, 2007, 04:38 PM
Just because this person is dressed a certain way and taking a silly picture does NOT make him a gangsterSo, you don't think he's intentionally trying to present the gangsta persona in that picture?

Cougfan2
October 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
Just because this person is dressed a certain way and taking a silly picture does NOT make him a gangster, nor an idiot.

Your point is well taken. Should have attached a smiley face as the remark was not meant to offend, but to be humorous.

I do however think that pictures like that don't do any favors for the RKBA community. JMHO.

JamisJockey
October 15, 2007, 04:43 PM
Who gives a rats behind. The question being posed is what is the pistol being used in the pic. Since none of you can seem to identify it, howabout following Grandma's rule of life number 4589
If you don't have anything constructive to say.....
======================================================

Its not a glock, no guide rod.
I thought it might be a Bryco Elite but I'm not sure.

RKBABob
October 15, 2007, 04:51 PM
Just because this person is dressed a certain way and taking a silly picture does NOT make him a gangster,

We all dress to project the image we want others to see. Can you fault anyone for picking up on the image he is trying his darndest to put out?

Am I the only one that DOES see rifling in that bore? I swear I can make out a counter-clockwise valley. Very shallow, though. Maybe I need to wear my glasses to surf the net?

Red Dragon
October 15, 2007, 04:53 PM
Who knows? If it is a real gun, perhaps its a homemade job.

Pax Jordana
October 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
Yes, my vote goes for airsoft.

But, I think it might be a desert eagle. Anybody got a muzzle-on shot for one of those? My google-fu is weak.

ClickClickD'oh
October 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
Can't be. The Desert Eagle has a distinctive Taco Bell muzzle end, not rectangular.

Wasz
October 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
Fake gun maybe, but not airsoft. Those things only shoot 6mm BBs that would be more like a marble gun...

308win
October 15, 2007, 06:57 PM
Someone needs to tell this guy hes going to rip his nose clean off if he pulls the trigger

Why?

BBQJOE
October 15, 2007, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure about the weapon, but his head appears to be on wrong, or his hat is crooked.

Hoppy590
October 15, 2007, 07:42 PM
front of a USP? arnt those blocky like that?

i still think its an Airsoft gun. so my vote goes to airsoft USP

Geronimo45
October 15, 2007, 07:49 PM
Those things only shoot 6mm BBs that would be more like a marble gun...
Now that I think of it, the barrels on some of the Airsofts are much larger than the shot they fire... just at the muzzle end, though. That's the way it was on the Mk23 copy I had.

frankcostanza
October 15, 2007, 07:56 PM
i dont think its an airsoft. all the airsoft guns ive seen you can look down the barrel and see a spring or something. at least hes got his finger off the tigger

The Annoyed Man
October 15, 2007, 08:04 PM
On my Mac, I am able to zoom way, way in on that picture. I do see a trace of what could be rifling when I zoom in like that.

230RN
October 15, 2007, 08:04 PM
It's a Foklio Gambrini 10.5 mm.

What's the matter with you guys?

Official Sidearm of the Taranto Carabinieri Municipale.

The Annoyed Man
October 15, 2007, 08:06 PM
front of a USP? arnt those blocky like that?I own a USP. It doesn't look like that.

Red Dragon
October 15, 2007, 09:15 PM
It's a Foklio Gambrini 10.5 mm.

What's the matter with you guys?

Official Sidearm of the Taranto Carabinieri Municipale.

Uh...um.....uh.....what?

lee n. field
October 15, 2007, 09:22 PM
No guide rod --> blowback (most likely, I realize there are exceptions). Hi Point .45, or one of the large caliber jennings/bryco/whatever-they're-called-this-year guns.

Now to read the rest of the thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you indentify this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!