TV Series "The Greatest American Hero"

PDA

amlew
October 16, 2007, 09:05 PM
For those of you who are familiar with this show from the early 80's, can anyone identify the custom pistols used by Bill Maxwell character played by actor Robert Culp? I can tell that one of the pistols was a Devel S&W Model 39 that the character carried in a custom tan colored shoulder holster rig. There was also standard blued 1911 Goverment Model. However, their was also a matching pair of polished blued long slide pistols the character would carry in custom black colored shoulder holster rig. I think they were Colt Model 1905's, but I'm not sure. Can anyone provide anymore info on these pistols and possibly who made the holsters? I have to believe that actor Robert Culp was in real life a firearms aficianado.

If you enjoyed reading about "TV Series "The Greatest American Hero"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
October 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
Now you have that insipid theme song dancing in my head, resurrected from the crypt where it had lain dormant for all these years!!!

Thanks a whole heck of a lot!! :D

I don't remember that charactor even carrying a gun and I'm NOT going out to buy it on DVD just to find out!!

gbelleh
October 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. I never thought I could feel so free!

jlpskydive
October 17, 2007, 09:54 AM
DAMMMMM ITTTTTTT!!!!! I loved that show, but that song will now be stuck in my head for the rest of the week!!!

ReadyontheRight
October 17, 2007, 10:57 AM
Google is a scary thing. Here is the George Costanza answering machine version of the song:

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/pkatcher/

Try to get THAT out of your head:evil:

I found one picture of Robert Culp from the series - not worth posting - looks like a 1911.

boomer1911a1
October 17, 2007, 01:03 PM
Somebody Netflix this show before I have to!

only1asterisk
October 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
Now you have that insipid theme song dancing in my head, resurrected from the crypt where it had lain dormant for all these years!!!

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. I never thought I could feel so free!

David

AllisonDT
October 17, 2007, 02:06 PM
LOL, I was going to post George's answering machine message but I see someone already did. ;)

I loved that show.

If you enjoyed reading about "TV Series "The Greatest American Hero"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!