FireQuest Exotic 12 Gauge ammo - Mall Ninja Alert!

PDA

Navy_Guns
October 16, 2007, 10:11 PM
http://www.firequest.com/catalog/showcase_item_4.html

You HAVE to check out this site - They sent me a catalog in the mail and the descriptions of their "Exotic" 12 gauge ammo has me seriously cracking up... I think whoever wrote these must have been the head Mall Ninja.

12 GA. Terminator-X
The lethality contained within the hollow core slug of our terminator 12 GA. almost can't be advertised. Upon impact, This slug mushrooms and expands to nearly 2 inches, stopping the slug from totally penetrating your objective. This rapid expansion forces the dozen of tiny pellets to spread through your objective like a cancerous disease, opening an area at the impact point equal to a softball! The cavity created has the shock effect of 95%! That means only 5% of any living being could survive this kind of hit.2 3/4 round. $14.99 for 3 rounds.

Cancerous disease? Holy crap - last I checked it can take months to die from cancer. I'd hope my 12 gauge would be more effective than that...

12 GA. Flechette Shot Shells
A Flechette is a small dart shaped projectile, that is clustered in an explosive warhead, dropped in a missile from an airplane or fired from a hand held weapon. One unique application of this 1 1/2" Flechette was to load these in a 12 GA. shotgun for taking out snipers hiding in thick brush or trees. Due to the penetration of these projectiles, tree limbs and brush would not disperse the darts. Even if some were dispersed, this would still have an all-covering pattern within a tree or brush. Generally 20 of these darts are placed in each 12 GA. shell. Also known as "Satan's Toothpicks" $16.99 for 3 rounds.

If you are a sniper and you suck so bad that a Mall Ninja toting a 12 gauge loaded up with this crap can sneak up on you and shoot you, you deserve to die...

12 GA. "Piranha"
This 12 gauge round contains dozens of razor sharp steel tacks that blast out at high velocity which virtually guarantees that there will no response from the perpetrator. Each round is buffed with #12 shot thus creating a double shock to the wound area. Absolutely will not harm your shotgun. To be used no closer than 10 feet and no further than 50 feet. $14.99 for 3 rounds.

"Excuse me Mister Perpetrator, but the instructions on my "Piranha" bullets says you can't be any closer than 10 feet, so would you mind backing up into "double shock to the wound area" range?...

If you enjoyed reading about "FireQuest Exotic 12 Gauge ammo - Mall Ninja Alert!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Anteater1717
October 16, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yet none of them work nearly as well as double ought.

trueblue1776
October 16, 2007, 10:36 PM
12GA Flash Thunder Grenade Ammo

And it appears they were named by an elderly Chinese woman.

Okiecruffler
October 16, 2007, 11:15 PM
OMG, that was the funniest thing I've read all week.

sm
October 17, 2007, 12:06 AM
:scrutiny:

Not sure a Hickory Axe handle "upside da head" would knock any sense into folks that are Figments of Imaginations and Have Marketing Degrees from Horse-Manure University.

I'm willing to volunteer , all in the name of Research of course.

Use Enough Axe Handle.

41magsnub
October 17, 2007, 12:13 AM
I want to try the confetti ammo! I wonder how many rounds I could get off over a parade before the cops shoot me?

41magsnub
October 17, 2007, 12:16 AM
Check out the Revenge in a Bottle section.. rofl

http://www.firequest.com/catalog/revenge.html (http://www.firequest.com/catalog/revenge.html)

Jorg Nysgerrig
October 17, 2007, 12:24 AM
Blah, just another site selling the same novelty crap that's been floating around for years.

I am curious to pattern the "Rhodesian Jungle" stuff, but not curious enough to spend $5+ a shell.

alucard0822
October 17, 2007, 12:27 AM
The flame thrower and bird bomb rounds are high priced fun, but glad I tried them in a broken NEF 12ga probably worth less than the shells, the flame thrower rounds throw about a 20' fireball that is probably powdered magnesium, definitely not safe for your barrel.

And the revenge in a bottle, I think they are a collection of tapwater from various mexican bars.:evil:

Dope
October 17, 2007, 01:08 AM
The cavity created has the shock effect of 95%! That means only 5% of any living being could survive this kind of hit.

*gets on phone and starts ordering*

Dope

PercyShelley
October 17, 2007, 01:21 AM
They have confetti rounds.

Is it tactical confetti?

(that means the confetti is black)

kurtmax
October 17, 2007, 01:23 AM
Wow... just wow. Since when has 00 buck not been good at killing things? I'd also think that flechettes would get deflected more than shot/bullets by bushes since they could be knocked off balance easier.

2RCO
October 17, 2007, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't suggest confetti ammo for HD.

Okiecruffler
October 17, 2007, 02:02 AM
http://www.firequest.com/catalog/vomitmoreinfo.html
Not to be used on others without their consent?

Cougfan2
October 17, 2007, 11:50 AM
Navy Guns, thanks! This gave me a good laugh this morning!

trueblue1776
October 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
They also have SS109 for a buck a piece, advertised as AP, of course.
http://www.firequest.com/catalog/223Armor_MoreInfo.html
This site is the most retarded funny thing I've seen in a while.

MAGNESIUM RIBBON (Fire starting material)
Start a fire when you need it most - in adverse conditions. Campfires can be hard to get going even when things are dry, but after that cold rain storm or snow storm when things are wet and need some extra help, these magnesium ribbons burn at 5,000 degrees fahrenheit! Comes in two easy to carry and store sizes. Small (1/3 oz.) & Large (4 oz.) Atomic No. 12 • Atomic WGT. 24

So Magnesium's atomic number is 12? SA-WEET!

Navy_Guns
October 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
kurtmax - Oh, but they DO sell 00 shells, except they call them...

12 Gauge "Triple Decker"
These 12 gauge shells are loaded with nine large bead balls (three sets of three) stacked on top of each other. They pack a punch EXTREMELY heavier than the standard 12 gauge and the results are exciting to see, hear, feel and completely devastating. If impact is what you want, then the Triple Decker is what you need. Comes three shells to a package. 23/4 round

Price, only $16.99 for three shells!

Good to know that the results are exciting to feel... I bet I'd be excited about getting shot with 00 buck, er... "Triple Decker".

JG2000
October 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
So what do they recommend for Dove? I'm thinking the Fireball or the Confetti. My poor hunting buddies have no idea what there in for :)

foghornl
October 17, 2007, 03:41 PM
Novelty Rounds like these are exactly that...Novelties, with no serious purpose. {Although I do remember a thread here from "Preacherman" about a home invasion stopped with a 'Dragons Breath' round}

Fun? ? Oh yeah....but no real serious use, except perhaps the "Screamers" and "Bird Bombs" for pest clearance from runways, maybe.

CWL
October 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
Gotta bookmark this site for future laughs.

Just looked in the "survival items", they're selling Doans magnesium starters (mebbe $5) ON SALE for $17.99 from regular price of $24.99!

sm
October 17, 2007, 04:27 PM
If you build it, they will buy it. - anon

Novelty Stuff has been around forever.
Old magazines going way way back, had Ammunition, along with Snake Oil for guns, cars, health and beauty.

Do a Internet Search, better yet hit the local Library and if they have Microfiche still - look these old publications up.

They had Recoil Reducing Stocks, Aiming devices for Shotguns, Novelty Ammo/Exotic Ammo, even Ammo left by Aliens that would work in your shotguns.

Oils and Oil supplements, Gasoline enhancers, Gave Saving devices.

We got to figuring one day, we would have to pull over about every 50 miles and siphon OUT gas,otherwise gas would be spilling out of the gas tank going down the road.
Spark Plugs, Plug wires, Points, Condensers, Carb dealie, exhaust dealie, oil and gas enhancers...
I mean one would get a 500% gas savings if they bought all this stuff and used it. :D

Some of the Ammo, really ruined guns and hurt folks.
Some of the Recoil Reducers messed up guns, and folks too.

One fella, thank goodness, mounted the gun in a tire, and used cord to slap trigger on some Novelty Shotgun shells. Blew the gun up!
It looked like a grenade had gone off!

Then his Grandpa and Daddy tore him a new one. It was the Pet Model 12 Police Gun he blew up!

Remember the pressures in a shotgun are akin to that of a Grenade.

One cannot buy skill and targets - me

Cosmoline
October 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
The lethality contained within the hollow core slug of our terminator 12 GA. almost can't be advertised

That's priceless! It reminds me of "Spinal Tap" where the rocker doesn't want his prized guitar even FILMED because it's too potent.

The Deer Hunter
October 17, 2007, 07:39 PM
12GA Flash Thunder Grenade Ammo

When you read the description, not only does it say a blinding flash and extreme report comes out of your gun but it also says that the most elite around the globe use it. What it doesn't say is if these few "elite" wear ear muffs and those wicked thick sunglasses.

If its going to blind the intruder/enemy, its going to blind you too because its about 2 feet away from your face.

Stillwater97
October 17, 2007, 08:28 PM
12 Gauge "Rhodesian Jungle"
The Rhodesian Jungle rounds are great for in home defense! The combination of several large pellets surrounded by a mass of smaller pellets allows for double punching power to any intruder that is unlucky enough to cross itís path. Make the intruder think twice with this double whammer power. If the big pellets donít get you, the small ones will. 23/4 round

What exactly is "double whammer power"?

PercyShelley
October 18, 2007, 12:53 AM
I think it's some sort of cheeseburger.

Gunnerpalace
October 18, 2007, 01:40 AM
The World Famous

Dragons Breath Vs Thieves

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=21141

This is the post that turned me on to THR.

foghornl
October 18, 2007, 12:11 PM
One other consideration on the "Novelty" rounds....

If you shoot some of those "Flare" shells, DO NOT fire though a choke tighter than Improved Cylinder. Shooting Budd wrecked the barrel on his full choke 1100 Remmy with one of those...burning flare portion got stuck right at the choke point.

Oh yeah, this is the same maroon that wrecked ANOTHER full choke 1100 barrel with the 'dump out the shot & reload with a stack of dimes' trick.

Remember various cartoons where the barrel peels back like a steel banana? Pretty much that effect, although not quite as pronounced.

BTW, I no longer visit the range with this guy.

Preacherman's thread about Dragon's Breath vs Bad Guys STILL cracks me up.

scout26
October 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
Well it's good to see that marketing guys from Extreme Shock Ammo found new jobs....... :rolleyes:

http://www.extremeshockusa.com/

mgregg85
October 20, 2007, 01:09 AM
I still want to try those flamethrower rounds, I just don't have a 12 that I dont care about enough to shoot those things through it.

Okiecruffler
October 20, 2007, 09:45 PM
Just got back from the Tulsa show and a guy there was peddling all those fancy rounds. He was the loneliest guy in the show. I guess no one really needs Termator rounds with fire, a corkscrew and dental floss.

Diggers
October 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
What exactly is "double whammer power"?

I think it's some sort of cheeseburger.

Well that would make an guy think twice.

"Holy crap I'm being shot with cheeseburgers.....how weird." :uhoh:

And then "Yumm! I'm gonna come back to this house." :p

sm
October 22, 2007, 05:34 AM
Just got back from the Tulsa show and a guy there was peddling all those fancy rounds. He was the loneliest guy in the show. I guess no one really needs Termator rounds with fire, a corkscrew and dental floss.

He'd do better set up outside the Video Rental place,or kiosk at the mall.

;)

ABTOMAT
October 22, 2007, 11:26 PM
Is this a branch of the Dark Ops knife company?

Ihateyou
September 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
The U.S. Marines used flechette rounds in shotguns and grenade launchers in Vietnam.
They weren't terribly effective but they did work -to some extent-. I can't personally attest to this (as I have never used flechette shotgun shells), but that's what most of the sources I have seen have said.
Flechettes have also been dropped from planes in massive numbers to kill people, and used as shrapnel in artillery shells.
So while it may be noobish to buy "terminator" or "Dragon breath thunder blaster incindiary doom" shotgun shells, I don't think that the Marines can really be described as "Mall Ninjas"
If you think so I suggest you pick a fight with one sometime.

Tacbandit
September 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
"They have confetti rounds.

Is it tactical confetti?

(that means the confetti is black)"

Wow..."ninja tactical confetti"...what kind of wound channel does that create?:uhoh:

Gord
September 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
The last time I was in Africa, I used one of those Terminator-X slugs to kill an elephant, just to be a bastard. My porters only got to eat the 5% of it that was left.

357wheelgunner
September 22, 2008, 09:35 PM
12 GA. "Exploder"
A stabilized, finned slug with a deep hollow core for loading combustible materials. The exploder round has curved finns in the rear of the slug for stability. Recent D.O.T. regulations require that the "Exploder" hollow cavity be shipped unloaded. This allows you to load the cavity yourself, safely with no tools required. Use our formula or yours. Complete instructions included.

They send a formula for explosive material to fill slugs with?!?

Okiecruffler
September 22, 2008, 10:22 PM
They send a formula for explosive material to fill slugs with?!?

I fill mine with holy water, garlic and silver shavings, 'cause you just never know....:uhoh:

Floppy_D
September 22, 2008, 10:52 PM
I prefer to dutchload birdseed rounds with #8, to throw a cloud of bait to where I want the birds to go.

RaisedByWolves
September 23, 2008, 03:31 AM
"I wouldn't suggest confetti ammo for HD."

But what if Clowns break in?

I hate Clowns.....

Okiecruffler
September 23, 2008, 03:37 AM
Ninja Clown Vanish :D

KC0QGL
September 23, 2008, 04:28 AM
I would like to get some of the confetti ammo just to see the look on some ones face when they try to shoot skeet with it.

Sylvan-Forge
September 23, 2008, 09:43 AM
Look in the shop section; 'Revenge in a Bottle'.
Vomit Fluid!
"Not to be used on others without their consent" of course :p

Jack2427
September 23, 2008, 09:05 PM
If it is not sold by a reputable manufacturer(like bird bombs and blanks, then it is *****. I can promise you that the Rhodsian Jungle round never saw the other side of the big pond. The famous "Scouts" of that region used regular buckshot, and slugs.

Anyone dumb enough to try any of that ammo deserves his lighter wallet. Further ads like that provide grist for the mill of the antis, showing what savages we are.

If you enjoyed reading about "FireQuest Exotic 12 Gauge ammo - Mall Ninja Alert!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!