CZ82 Questions

PDA

JediJJJ
October 17, 2007, 09:57 PM
A couple of months ago I got a CZ82 from the 2nd batch at AIM. Haven't had much of a chance to use it until last week when I took it to the range and put 50 rds through it. My hand was hurting in the web between the thumb and first finger. Looking around here it appears I need a new recoil spring to help tame the perceived recoil. This brought up a couple of questions.

1) There is a thread discussing the recoil spring and where to obtain them. Does anyone know what replacement springs are available for the mags? I just replaced the springs on my CZ52 and they were radically different so I thought I'd better do these also.

2) I purchased a bunch of MFS ammo in 9x18. While at the indoor range last week I was shooting at about 7 yds. Noticed that the bullets seemed to be key-holeing. (I think that is what is is called.) There wasn't just a clean hole but the paper was ripped below the hole down from both edges about an inch or so. Is this an indication of bullet tumble, or cheap paper targets? Some friends and I had put 50 rounds of CCI Blazer through it after first getting it and don't recall seeing that. Maybe I wasn't looking. I have some S&B ammo I'll give a try next time, but you can't beat the MFS for price and it is reloadable.

Thanx in advance for your assistance.

JJJ

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ82 Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MisterPX
October 18, 2007, 02:00 AM
As far as spring, I think folks have been using 19lb'rs for Makarovs. For mag springs, you can get them from CZ.

As fas as keyholing, your paper tears are bigger than the bullet, so I'm thinking it's the paper. Shoot some carboard.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ82 Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!