Maine Cartridge Company

PDA

bbrins
July 13, 2003, 04:17 PM
I just bought a couple of boxes of .223 and found that there are several different headstamps in each box. Are these reloads? Are they worth the $7.50 I paid for each box of 50?

If you enjoyed reading about "Maine Cartridge Company" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
July 13, 2003, 05:27 PM
The fact that there are multiple headstamps is a clear indication that they're remanufactured.

I just did a quick search, and can't find much about them.

What I did find, however, didn't give any indication that the ammo is remanufactured. I'd be a little cheesed if I went to buy what I thought was new and ended up with reman.

Harbinger
July 13, 2003, 07:36 PM
I'm surprised you found that bbrins. I buy ammo from them quite often at the gun shows, and haven't run into any problems like that. I have a few boxes of .38 wadcutters here, and they're all marked the same: M&D. I'll check with my friend next time I see him. He bought some .223 last time we went.

MarineTech
July 13, 2003, 07:50 PM
bbrins, yes Maine Cartridge Co does make remanufactured ammo. I don't know if all of it is, but they do make it.

Maine Cartridge really used to do the a lot of business at the annual Hiram Maxim shoots near Dover-Foxcroft, Maine. They sold remanufactured ammo at rock bottom prices for the full auto crowds. I guess since the Hiram Maxim shoot is no longer done, they're looking for branching out their distribution.

Not sure what their standards are, but I have never heard of problems developing with their ammo.

bbrins
July 13, 2003, 07:57 PM
I can't find anything on the box that even hints that they might be reloaded. For the price, I'm not terribly cheesed. I just saw something I hadn't seen before and thought I'd try em out. But if I would have known that they were reloads, I probably wouldn't have bought them. Guess I'll just have to see how they shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Maine Cartridge Company" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!