Bersa Thunder or Thunder CC?

PDA

craig_o
October 18, 2007, 11:20 PM
Which do you prefer for shooting, carrying, fondly fondling, and all the rest?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa Thunder or Thunder CC?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MICHAEL T
October 18, 2007, 11:39 PM
Because I have a Thunder and its relieable accurate and has lovely custom wood grips. It also the reason I spend a lot of time at http://bersatalk.com

CWQnee
October 19, 2007, 12:54 AM
I have and fondly handle a Bersa Thunder 380 DuoTone.

Fumbler
October 19, 2007, 01:32 AM
I can't really give you good information. I've got a Duo-tone Thunder 380 but have only held the CC version.

I voted for the regular version simply because I hate finger grooves and the sights were way too small for my tastes.

I suppose if I wanted a gun to conceal then I'd pick the CC, but currently I don't concealed carry and the Thunder 380 is one of my house and range guns.

ArchAngelCD
October 19, 2007, 03:09 AM
I don't remember where I read it but the review said the Thunder CC wasn't anywhere near as good or reliable as the Thunder.

hawgleg
October 19, 2007, 06:50 AM
I really like the T380 duo tone. The gun is very accurate and reliable. It has been my main carry gun this summer.

Ala Dan
October 19, 2007, 07:16 AM
Definitely, the Bersa Thunder .380~! :scrutiny:;)

dan20703
October 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
BT 380 DLX
One of my favorite guns.

Ocalaguy
October 19, 2007, 10:43 AM
They are really two different guns for different purposes to me and they each perform their missions admirably. The Thunder may be more fun at the range due to it's better sights, but the CC is (obviously) the choice for CC. As to a prior post, my nickel CC is every bit as reliable as my Duo-tone Thunder.

+1 on BersaTalk, one of, if not THE best gun forum's on the net.

ZeSpectre
October 19, 2007, 10:53 AM
Can't add much other than the info I've gathered on this thread
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=310265

ArchAngelCD
October 19, 2007, 12:13 PM
Ocalaguy

+1 on BersaTalk, one of, if not THE best gun forum's on the net.
:uhoh: :rolleyes: :confused:

40SW
October 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
I own both and found that the original versions perform better than the CC. I like the sights better on the originals. Granted the low profile/low snag sights on the CC are better for a holster and cc environment, and its true that in a close range engagement, it may not make a whole lot of difference, I think you can become far more proficient with the traditional three dots than the low snag setup. The difference in size of both guns is marginal. I got the CC version because I'm a diehard Bersa collector. I think they are a TREMENDOUS value for the money, I own the .40SW Firestorm, the .45ACP Ultra, and the 9mm high cap, but the traditional 380 versions are still my favorite. They are exceptional PPK/Makarov clones. For under $300, there is simply no better value for the money. Again, both are excellent, but if you only had to choose one, I'd go for the original .380 versions with the full sights and grip extension mags.

KevininPa
October 19, 2007, 04:48 PM
I've owned the Thunder and shot a friend's CC. If I do it over again, which I will when Bersa starts doing their .380's in stainless, I'll get the CC.

351 WINCHESTER
October 19, 2007, 05:10 PM
I don't think you can buy a better .380 than the Bersa. They just plain work, period.

Hokkmike
October 21, 2007, 07:32 AM
Few people will have both, obviously. I have the Thunder .380 in nickel. It is the cheapest/best small arm I have.

I have read a few negs about the CC.

lsc-ss
October 21, 2007, 05:34 PM
After looking at both I decided to go with the nickel thunder 380 since it fit my hand better than the cc. The first 50 rounds of fiocchi at the shops range 5 of them jammed going up the feed ramp. After oiling seemed to work OK. Went today and put another 50 fiocchi and 100 winchester rounds through it and still jammed about every 10th or 12th shot even after being cleaned and oiled between magazines. I have seen so many good reviews on this gun I wonder if I got a lemon??

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa Thunder or Thunder CC?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!