Sig P230 and P232

PDA

WhoKnowsWho
July 13, 2003, 07:42 PM
I know the P232 is the new model, but what did they change other than the slide serations and size of the grip?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P230 and P232" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pocket Pistol
July 13, 2003, 11:30 PM
some of the internal workings.
Not sure exactly what they changed but most was internal.
I do know the 232 can be sent to Sig and made DAO and the 230 can not.

faustulus
July 14, 2003, 03:03 AM
One of the internal changes is the 232 has the hammer rebound spring like the other sigs whereas the 230 does not.

WhoKnowsWho
July 14, 2003, 04:56 PM
Doesn't that just mean the hammer rebound away from the firing pin after firing or decocking right?

'Cause the 230 does it... I'm confused...

Waitone
July 14, 2003, 06:03 PM
I wanted a p230 and decided to purchase a p232. I even reconciled myself to the heel mounted mag release, but when I picked up the p232 my hand revolted. It absolutely refused to feel comfortable.

So I'll spend my money on something else. SIGArms really needs to figure out the civilian market is a little different than LE or military.

faustulus
July 15, 2003, 03:04 AM
Doesn't that just mean the hammer rebound away from the firing pin after firing or decocking right?
Correct. Yours does? Mine goes to half cocked after decock but it doesn't rebound to my knowlege. Now I am not saying none of them do I have only played with a couple, but I don't remember the 230s doing it. Maybe someone else will chime in with more info. Mine doesn't do it and I can't find the part in my the exploded diagram. I was told that was one of the differences but I could have been misinformed.

Handgun
July 15, 2003, 07:04 AM
230 rebound ....

Allmost all of the new and used 230s (dozens) I have handled have a rebounding hammer. There were two used guns that were the exception but the shop owner promptly took them off the shelf and sent them to Sig for repair.

If I recall, the hammer is held by a hammer block until the trigger is pulled fully rearward. Pull the trigger (obviously make sure the gun is not loaded) and hold it to the rear. You should now be able to push the hammer forward against the pressure of the rebound spring.

Hope that helps.

PCRCCW
July 15, 2003, 08:26 AM
The only differences between the 230 and 232 are very very minor, cosmetic and the grips as far as I know.....Sig had to release a new model to get it into the Peoples Republic of Cali.....
Thats it.........Shoot well

faustulus
July 16, 2003, 02:34 AM
http://home.t-online.de/home/cswimm/sig/p232parts.htm
Here is the parts diagram of the 232. It lists the hammer rebound spring as part #30. But in my 230 manual that part is not listed. Also this diagram lists 51 parts and mine only lists 48. I wonder if this was a change made prior to the change in model designation? My 230 was proofed in 93

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P230 and P232" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!