Is this price out of line??

PDA

ACP
July 13, 2003, 09:14 PM
$3,500 for a NIB 1961 Colt w/ a .22 LR conversion. Ouch!

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this price out of line??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
July 13, 2003, 10:00 PM
WOW! I would say so-

but I don't know for sure. NIB with the conversion kit,
this firearm certainly would be very expensive; but at
$3,500 it would make me shutter!:uhoh: :D

*FootNote- How much of that is the seller collecting
for vintage status? Vintage is anything over
35 years old; and Antique is anything over 80
years old, so it doesn't qualify for antique status.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

blades67
July 13, 2003, 11:54 PM
.:what: Way out of line:scrutiny:

Jason Demond
July 14, 2003, 06:46 PM
You could buy 5 Springfields for that kind of money!

Johnny Guest
July 14, 2003, 07:18 PM
Generally speaking, most who apreciate vintage pistols will pay a significant premium for Colts of that general era. Several hundred dollars, in fact.

"NIB" to me means unfired, pristine, nearly unhandled. This in itself would demand further premium. A Colt's Conversion of similar age, in like condition would indeed escalate the value of the ensemble greatly. NOT if the conversion had been used on another gun, etc.

For my part, I'd say the combo might well be worth around two thousand - -Perhaps a touch more. Yes, I've turned down a lot of nice guns because I was "living in the past," and was horrified at the price. After all, it's only money, and they aren't making any more of 'em.

But any way you cut it, $3500 is too high.

Best,
Johnny

ACP
July 14, 2003, 09:19 PM
There is one such animal on gunsamerica right now. Funny thing is, on the same page is a Colt about two years newer at 98% and the guy wants something like $1,300 for it. But I saw that $3,500 and thought Good Luck selling that...

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this price out of line??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!