Opinions on Comp-Tac minotaur holster?

PDA

AnthonyB
October 22, 2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone using this holster? I'm thinking of ordering one for a kahr P45.
Tony

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Comp-Tac minotaur holster?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HKUSP45C
October 22, 2007, 09:12 AM
I have one for my Kahr CW9 and absolutely love it. It's one of the most comfortable holsters I've ever put on. It's well built and fairly adjustable. Surprisingly light for a leather holster. Also the kydex pocket can be purchased seperately for all the guns offered so the holster can be very versatile. I'm thinking about buying two more pockets for my USPc and my Glock, heck they're only 35 bucks a piece. It conceals very well and offers a good bit of retention, though no strap or lock or the like.

The only thing I disliked about the entire process was that Comp-Tac is located ~12 miles from my house but have no real way to pick up an order. I had to pay shipping and tax. To be fair the nice lady offered to do "something" about talking to the production guys about maybe meeting me in the parking lot but I turned her down. Seemed like a lot of hassle for ~12 bucks.

ShooterMcGavin
October 22, 2007, 03:54 PM
I carry my M&P40 in an MTAC. I think it's a great holster. Very comfortable, slim design, very stable, very adjustable, and you can get cheap Kydex "bodies" for other guns you want to carry in it as well. It offers a quick draw. My one minor complaint is that retention is not quite as good as my cheap Uncle Mike's plastic holster, and I'm not sure how much I want to CRANK the adjustment screws down.

Oh, it also gets shipped to you very quickly compared to any custom leather holster.

unlearned69
October 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
Got one for my GLOCKS, and I absolutely love it. I got rid of my CTAC, because the MTAC is so much more comfortable.

AnthonyB
October 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the responses. I ordered it yesterday.
Tony

Popov
October 23, 2007, 01:38 PM
You'll love it.

Lucky
December 14, 2007, 12:34 AM
What's the difference between all the different clips?

The Law
December 14, 2007, 01:19 AM
I hardly know mine is there. I carry my full-size Glocks all day. Comf. :cool:

Lucky
December 14, 2007, 01:33 AM
Which clips do you get? And how do they use velcro?

DZL HOG
December 14, 2007, 06:16 PM
Ive been thinking of ordering a MTAC myself, Im glad to see all the good reviews.
Which clips do you get? And how do they use velcro?
From what Ive researched on it, the standard clips go over the belt. But there are other clip options, the J clip goes behind the belt and just alil piece sticks out and catches the bottom of the belt so the holster stays put when you draw. The C clips go behind the belt also and has a piece that catches at the bottom of the belt like the J clip and it also has a piece that sticks over the top of the belt. The V clip uses the Velcro. You will need a belt that has Velcro sewn to the back of it. That way no part of the clip is visible.

Matt

Mr. S
December 14, 2007, 07:01 PM
I have one for my Kahr P-45 and I love it.
It took me awhile to get it adjusted so it works perfectly for me.
The second best thing about it(first is how comfortable it is)is the amount of adjustability it has.
You will be very pleased with it.

Lucky
December 14, 2007, 07:27 PM
DZL thanks, I didn't see a breakdown on the site. Those C-clips sound good, but I'll try to get them to give me all types.

DZL HOG
December 14, 2007, 07:36 PM
No prob Lucky.

Heres the link to the site(sure you already have it),
http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/index.php

Just go to the "mounting options" page in the column on the left side of the page. It shows all the different clips. The CTAC clips are the same on the MTAC.

Matt

SADshooter
December 14, 2007, 09:43 PM
I just got one today (ordered Tuesday pm!) for my Para P-13. It is the first IWB holster with which I can comfortably carry this brick of a pistol. The workmanship/finish is excellent, and Comp-Tac's customer service is outstanding. They will get more of my business,

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Comp-Tac minotaur holster?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!