CNN antigun program tonight 8pm EST.

PDA

coldshot03/04
July 14, 2003, 12:14 PM
Tonight or tommorrow night on CNN 8pm EST there will be a program on about assault weapons
in America. To bad I have to work. Give them HELL! Flood 'em with emails and tell them what you think of their crappy CNN.:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "CNN antigun program tonight 8pm EST." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thorazine
July 14, 2003, 02:01 PM
Wasn't it just a couple months ago they featured that one assault weapons piece with the erroneous and deceptive reporting?

Zedicus
July 14, 2003, 03:13 PM
If anyone has a Capture/TV card can you please make a divx of it?
Don't get CNN cable or anything where I live....(hence why I still use a 56k)

I'd realy like to see how much of a donky's rear cnn makes out of themselves on it....:)

coldshot03/04
July 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
Yeah, Another comes on tonight or tommorow night. 8PM EST.

MAKOwner
July 14, 2003, 03:48 PM
Here we go again. Maybe since they got reamed on the completely BS report last time, they'll do it fairly and accurately this time? Yeah I know, big fat (*&#in' chance....

pytron
July 14, 2003, 03:49 PM
I've got a digital recorder and can probably tape it for those who don't have access to CNN. But I can't find it. Can you help?

I don't see it on the CNN program listing (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/). Let me know if you can.

-Pytron

Pocket Pistol
July 14, 2003, 03:53 PM
Communist News Network.
Nuf said

coldshot03/04
July 14, 2003, 04:00 PM
I dont see it on the listing. But I saw it on an advertisement last night. ( GUNS In America) I may have the Networks wrong. Maybe CNBC or other.
Sorry.:o

Hkmp5sd
July 14, 2003, 04:49 PM
It's tonight (Monday) at 8:00 PM on CNN's "Live From the Headlines" show.

yesterdaysyouth
July 14, 2003, 06:02 PM
anyway someone can make me a vhs of this?? i can paypal for the tape and shipping..

veloce851
July 14, 2003, 06:56 PM
I'm trying out my new DVR just installed today by the cable co.
As soon as I fix my video editing machine I can capture it and convert to VCD.

Standing Wolf
July 14, 2003, 09:25 PM
I don't waste my time watching the Clinton News Network.

Schuey2002
July 15, 2003, 12:11 AM
^^^^^^^ Ditto! :fire:

coldshot03/04
July 15, 2003, 12:17 AM
I see that another poster said that it came on tonight. I had to work and missed it. What kind of Bull was said this time?:mad:

veloce851
July 15, 2003, 12:34 AM
ok I'm watching this now... and fast forwarding through the hour long program to get to the gun story, Paula Zaun starts a piece on media lies.
So I hit play and figure I'll listen to this bit... when I am blown away by what I hear.
She is recapping the NYT problems and goes on to say and I quote "while no media, CNN EXcluded, is exempt from mistakes..."
I rewind it and listen to it several times.. yep she just saidCNN is excluded from making mistakes.

Hmmm... just watched the whole thing and there was nothing on firearms?

556A2
July 15, 2003, 12:40 AM
It was about some segment that is going to be on Sundance. It came on tonight, and this is what it basically said:

The AK-47 is used by terrorist thugs. Its very relible and it doesn't break that is why it is so bad. Kalashnikov is a "merchant of death" he created this "killing machine".

There was more stuff, but it was basically the same BS. They had a video of a quote "expert" with gloves on showing them. They had this guy from NY telling why it is such a baaaaaaaaaaad baaaaaaaaad weapon. The basic bottomline, Guns are bad, the AK-47 is worse.

All in All :barf: :barf: :barf:

yesterdaysyouth
July 15, 2003, 01:05 AM
:rolleyes: nevermind.... :rolleyes:

Dionysusigma
July 15, 2003, 05:29 AM
AK-47s are baaaaaaaaaad? Then why is it I love my SAR-1 so much? :confused: It's never jammed...the ammo is cheap...Kalashnikov is a "Merchant of Death?" What about Henry Ford??? By the way, I thought swords had caused more bloodshed than *gasp* AK-47s! (Been around MUCH longer)

Also I don't like the statement belittling this fine tool with "I handled one, and it felt like a cheap toy to me." Did he fire it? :uhoh: And isn't it absolutely amazing that it didn't grow a mind of its own and kill him by itself (which is a common problem with guns, especially assault rifles)?The basic bottomline, Guns are bad, the AK-47 is worse. I don't know about everyone else, but I love mine.
http://66.227.101.70/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/images/sar1.jpg http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/blackeye/AR15firing.gif
http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/contrib/ed/laughpf.gif

MicroBalrog
July 15, 2003, 06:08 AM
Kalashnikov is a "Merchant of Death?"

The old man lives at $200 per month in a two-room appartment. Shame on them.

chevrofreak
July 15, 2003, 08:29 AM
Lets start a fund to get Mr. Kalashnikov the palace he deserves.

MicroBalrog
July 15, 2003, 08:34 AM
Apparently, that's why he branched out into umbrellas... but I think he deserves a contribution from us. Anybody knows how to do it?:)

Moparmike
July 15, 2003, 08:48 AM
I thought he had passed away:confused: :( . Good guy, saw an interview of him on the History Channel. Did you know he based his idea for the AK off of the StG-44? IIRC that German AW was quite a stout little beast for WWII. Closest thing we had was the Thompson, didnt have the range of a StG.

Please correct me on the status of Mr. Kalashnikov.

MicroBalrog
July 15, 2003, 08:57 AM
Yes, Mikhail Timofeevich is still alive and kickin'.

Apparently, some engineers claim the StG 44 idea isn't true, because some crucial design parts are not only dissimilar, but inferior (especially the safety) on the original AK-47. However, it is also worth noticing that:

Circa 1944 he was assigned to the Izhevsk Machinebuilding Plant (IZHMASH), where in 1944 he developed a semi-automatic, gas-operated carbine. Starting with this design, during 1945 and 1946 he developed an assault rifle that he submitted for official Soviet Army trials in 1946. During the 1946 and early 1947 he redesigned his initial rifle and submitted it to the second trials, held in 1947. The latter design was found superior to the rivals and was consequently adopted in 1949 as the "7,62mm Automat Kalashnikova, obraztsa 1947 goda" (7.62mm Kalashnikov automatic rifle, model of 1947). After extensive field trials it was slightly modified in 1951, but retained the same name. Along with the basic version, a folding butt version had been developed for paratroop forces, and it was named AKS.

Old Fuff
July 15, 2003, 09:45 AM
E-Mailing or otherwise contacting a news(?) outlet about a slanted anti-gun program is a good idea - - but a better one is to send a message to all of the program’s sponsors with a copy to the network (or whoever).

Understand that many sponsors are not necessarily anti-gun, they simply have signed up for a particular time spot. So don’t flame them, just calmly make you’re point. One thing they have in common is that they are trying to sell some product or service. The advertising costs them big bucks and they really don’t want is to hear that the program’s content has upset some of they’re potential customer base.

On the other side of the coin, advertising revenue is mother’s milk to the media. This being the case they may throw your direct message into the trash basket but they can’t ignore something that could effect they’re bread & butter.

In other words, hit where it hurts.

If you enjoyed reading about "CNN antigun program tonight 8pm EST." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!