Opinions Sought regarding Kahr MK40's

PDA

gtmtnbiker98
October 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
I have an opportunity to pick one up NIB for a decent price of $549 - is it worth the gamble? I've read the horror stories and have asked similar questions on other forums. So, are the stories true or are they related primarily to the P (polymer) series of Kahr firearms?

Looking for opinions from users who actually own or have owned, carried and shot the pistol.

Thanks in advance,

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions Sought regarding Kahr MK40's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ghost Tracker
October 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
I've owned several Kahr pistols, both polymer & steel framed. My opinion is very simple...steel-framed Kahrs are EXCELLENT pistols. No gamble at all. Poly-framed Kahrs are a crapshoot, some good - some bad.

I've no problem betting my 1* on a MK40, but pick your ammo carefully. Even my K40 can be a jumpy little handfull with the hottest .40 S&W loads. It does, however, shoot 140 gr Cor-Bon DPX like they were made for each other. Good Luck

Grandpa Shooter
October 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
I'v been carrying my K40 stainless since I bought it. Use it regularly in "simulated" self defense scenarios and "hostage extraction" set ups. I'd bet my life on it. Have NEVER had a problem. Keep it clean and YES feed it what it likes. Mine handles well with lighter bullet weights. It is where you put the bullet that counts, not it's weight.

critter
October 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
My MK9 has always been completely flawless. I love it-it is my most often carried gun.

Zundfolge
October 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
Like critter, my MK9 has been flawless ... I used to have an MK40 that I sold (and regret selling) ... it too was a great little pistol ... not as accurate or easy to shoot as the 9, but it went bang every time you pulled the trigger.

They just make excellent EDC pistols. With good leather you'll forget its there.

gtmtnbiker98
October 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
I purchased the MK40 and will hopefully shoot it this weekend.

pogo2
October 26, 2007, 09:17 PM
I've had a Kahr MK9 for about 4 months and am very impressed with it so far. It has digested 450 rounds without a problem and is surprisingly accurate for a small gun. I hope your new MK40 works as well.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/KahrMK902.jpg

DAdams
October 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/dmadams/KahrMK40.jpg
Photo Courtesy of PBP.

This is on my current short list.

mightyike
October 26, 2007, 10:58 PM
all steel = couldn't be better (mk9, mk40, k40, k9....zero problems)

new fangled polymer = take your chances, wear running shoes

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions Sought regarding Kahr MK40's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!