CZ-USA ignoring repair authorization

PDA

hansolo
January 9, 2003, 09:03 PM
To update my previous "Broken CZ" thread, it has now been three days since I left the pistol with my gun dealer...I called today; the manager says "I called CZ-USA to get a Warrantee Authorization(CZ makes it clear that, w/o one, your pistol will be returned unopened)"They haven't returned the THREE phone messages I left." I am now starting to be very PO'd. I tried to call CZ-USA's 800 #: "mailbox full/try later" I get a bad feeling that CZ-USA is stonewalling my valid request to repair/replace a defective pistol (It's only 6 months old). The dealer isn't exactly breaking his back either..."You wanta pick it up and ship it yourself?" :cuss:

If I had a clue that I'd have these kind of mechanical failures and cruddy service, I'd have bought a Hi-Point: from waht I hear, they don't break and the company is easy to deal with.

If anyone reading this has any pull with CZ-USA....please help!

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-USA ignoring repair authorization" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45R
January 9, 2003, 09:22 PM
Hansolo-

Check out the www.CZforum.com you should be able to get some help there. Maybe try "Mike" at CZUSA. The forum members over at that particular forum refer to him on somewhat a regular basis.

Hope this helps

45R

garrettwc
January 9, 2003, 09:23 PM
hansolo, I can't confirm, but I read somewhere on one of the other forums today that CZ-USA was temporarily closed.

This was coming from a dealer that had gotten a notice from them that some shipments might be delayed due to the plant closure. That would explain why the voice mail is full. No one there to answer.

I checked the website and there is no news on there, but the message boards are down.

chaim
January 9, 2003, 09:37 PM
hansolo,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your CZ again. I hope all gets worked out. You know, you sound like you do a lot of shooting (don't you manage to get to the range just about everyday). That is a lot of wear and tear on any gun and then if you are unlucky enough to get one that isn't 100%, well... Maybe you should get something other than the .38spl to go along with the CZ. Maybe another 9mm to keep the ammo compatability, something cheap (unless you have the $ saved up and have something else in mind), something reliable. Cheap, reliable and 9mm- another CZ if you trust them still (and if that is your definition of cheap), a Ruger P89 if that is in your definition of cheap (mine wasn't all that accurate but it was 100% reliable), or probably the biggest bargain if you can deal with the looks a Hi Point (really cheap and from all reports it is very reliable).

garrettwc,

I hope you're wrong about CZ-USA. Even if it is a temporary thing that can't be good. Then again, this is probably not a very high profit business and US commercial sales aren't really where they make their money (European governmental sales would probably be their real market).

schild
January 9, 2003, 09:38 PM
You get the return authorization number from Mike.

WonderNine
January 9, 2003, 09:39 PM
..."You wanta pick it up and ship it yourself?"

Sure, why not?

JohnBT
January 10, 2003, 12:52 AM
I'd bet they have one gunsmith and he was on vacation or they were moving to a new place or something. The couple of times I've called I got the impression that it's not a BIG operation.

Still irritating you can't get through.

John

makarov
January 10, 2003, 01:02 AM
Another thread, maybe it was on czforum, indicated that the plant was closed for inventory at the beginning of the new year. Sorry to hear about your problems with your CZ. From the majority of the posts I have read they have a good rep for durability. So much so, that I plan to buy one. A guy posting from Europe said he had 90K rounds through a pre-B before retiring the pistol and buying a B model. Gun was still running fine. He did replace extractors and stops periodically as a preventative measure. Springs too.

Anyway good luck getting the gun fixed. I'm sure they will come through for you.

- Makarov

PCRCCW
January 10, 2003, 09:05 AM
Very strange...I talked to him yesterday. He is slammed and was off" from gun smithing due to inventory...end of the year. Try again today....Hes there..I promise.
Shoot well

garrettwc
January 10, 2003, 09:45 AM
chaim, I did say temporary;)

Now I remember where I saw the thread. Thanks makarov.

I don't think they are going anywhere. Around my area a CZ will sell as fast as they can put one in the showcase. But producing all that hardware takes its toll. I just couldn't remember whether it was machine maintenance, inventory or what.

hansolo
January 10, 2003, 11:18 AM
Phew! I got an email from Mike Eagelshield this morning; it's too early(7:13 AM)on the West Coast to all the Gunshop, but Mike says have 'em call him and he'll authorize a return warranty number.

I was freakin'! As much as I dislike "breakages", I feel I would go into withdrawal without my CZ! I realize, with his back-log, Mike@CZ may take a while getting the CZ back to me, but it just was an unpleasant feeling that, maybe CZ-USA had packed-up shop. As much as I abhor down-time, that's how much I realize I really LOVE the CZ! Take care, everyone who responded, and,
:D THANKS!

DMK
January 10, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'd be surprised if CZ-USA let you down. I called them for the trigger pin on my '75 that had worked loose. Mike answered the phone (I agree it sounds like a small "international office" for CZ) and was very helpful. He didn't even ask when I bought it.

However, do be aware that their turnaround time can be long. It's either just Mike over there gunsmithing or maybe like one other guy.

4v50 Gary
January 11, 2003, 12:57 AM
Happily CZ-USA has authorized repairs and Hansolo is going to have his gun fixed. Go to:

http://www.TheHighRoad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3319

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ-USA ignoring repair authorization" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!