Question about XD-9 and slide spring.

PDA

onewithgun
October 26, 2007, 07:46 PM
I just got an XD-9 and was wondering why the little thing under the barrel protrudes so much? On Springfield's page it looks like there is a "washer" between the frame and the round disc at the very end. On mine it doesn't look like the "washer" is on there.

Also. How can I tell when my XD was built?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about XD-9 and slide spring." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JDGray
October 27, 2007, 10:01 AM
If you recieved a fired shell, the dates on it, or call SA with your serial#:) Congrats on a great gun! I'll look on my gun to see what your talking about on the washer, but I never seen one on mine.

CajunBass
October 27, 2007, 11:33 AM
Mine doesn't have any kind of washer. It's supposed to be like that.

lee n. field
October 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
I just got an XD-9 and was wondering why the little thing under the barrel protrudes so much?

The guide rod? That's just the way it's made. If you don't like it, there are aftermarket solid guide rods.

Walkalong
October 27, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yep, just the way XD's are. This is a guide rod (http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=01DRA) like lee n. field is talking about. PistolGear.com (http://www.pistolgear.com/index.php) has some cool XD stuff and great service.

onewithgun
October 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
I found out that it's designed that way so if you press it into a bad guy's chest, head, or any object that it will stay in battery and not fail to shoot.

Thanks!

possum
October 28, 2007, 03:12 AM
Mine doesn't have any kind of washer. It's supposed to be like that.
that is the way they are stock, now on mine i have an after market dgr and wolff spring and mine came with a "washer".

congrats on the gun great choice, i am sure that you will love it

onewithgun
October 28, 2007, 03:58 AM
Thanks everybody!

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about XD-9 and slide spring." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!