Cz75 2005 World Ipsc Champ?

PDA

combatantr2
October 26, 2007, 10:06 PM
Have just seen the GUNNER DVD MILITARY MAGAZINE and in the last part it featured the 2005 WORLD IPSC CHAMPIONSHIP match where it was won by a 19 year old in the name of ADAM TYC using a CZ75. Besting other pistol brands, glock, HK, STI and others. Can anyone give more insights to this?

Have always wanted a CZ75 but the DA/SA trigger mechanism turns me off. Though I know it can be carried 'ala 1911 cocked and locked, I thought its just another 1911 wannabe. But after seeing the kid was blowing poppers after poppers I thought Id get one.

Thanks for your insights in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz75 2005 World Ipsc Champ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDDL-UP
October 27, 2007, 12:58 AM
combatantr2,

I'm not a competition shooter so I can't offer any insight there. The CZ-75 is a fine gun however and I own several. You could get a CZ-75B SA (Single Action only) if you really want single action. I also own 1911's and a Hi-Power and the transition between all of these is not an issue for me.

CZ has a TON of choices so don't get turned off if you look at one CZ-75B and it doesn't click for you. If you'd like to tell me what exactly you want as far as features and purpose I can offer some suggestions.

Bilt4Comfort
October 27, 2007, 01:05 AM
Like I've said before, the CZ75 is an extension of your hand, and can be compared to being able to shoot bullets out of your fingertip. Get it...and then you can die happy.

combatantr2
October 27, 2007, 03:00 AM
Okey, got to see the vid again. Adam mentioned his' as the CZ75 SP01 model. so is this the single action with external safety, cocked and locked ala 1911?

Had a DA/SA before a RUGER P89 decock model. The DA trigger sucks. Too far I guess for my fingers. Twas bulky but it was okey since it was reliable. But I could never make a smooth transition from holster to DA shot then to SA shot. Eventually sold it to get another pistol.

So hows the trigger on CZ75 single action? Thanks in advance for any inputs.

woodstock72000@yahoo.com
October 27, 2007, 03:47 AM
Dude, you don`t know what your missing. After weeks and weeks of research I found, along with what you`ve stated that you`ve found, that the CZ 75 B is an awsome machine. The trigger that a few people are talking negatively about works just fine with me. I have a Ruger P94 .40 , a Glock 22 .40 and this week I bought the CZ 75 B. I put about 150 rounds through her today and WOW! I shot a 20 yard group that blew the bullseye literally out of the target. The trigger is nice and smooth, although as with ANY handgun, you can always set it to your liking. I ran a few threads in reference to the CZ`s and everyone was right. The recoil is less than my Ruger or Glock and the accuracy is just amazing. I was skepticle of it because of the aftermarket customizations being hard to get but I`ve found that my local gunsmith is very up-to-date with this issue. My CZ came with two clips, a case, and Tritium nightsights for $509.00 I`ll match it against any other handgun in its price range and above in accuracy and quality. I haven`t had it long enough to make any more opinions but all that I can tell you is to getcha self one and see for ya self.

My CZ 75 B shown here is also with the satin nickel finish. Can`t beat it.

SKM&P9
October 27, 2007, 07:43 AM
Woodstock, is the B model the one with the safety, or the decocker ? I've always been drawn to the CZ's, and keep eyeing the SP01, with the 19 rd mags. The lines of the pistols are , I hate to say it, almost sexy in a way. Just the right amount of curves.

robctwo
October 27, 2007, 10:56 AM
There is also the Standard IPSC , now found as the Tactical Sporthttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/robctwo/PICT2352.jpg

Single action adjustable trigger

woodstock72000@yahoo.com
October 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
Mine has a safety. I don`t mind the double action. I don`t know, I`m just happy with it, I mean that`s all that i can say. The one shown above is nice but I wish that they offered it in either the satin nickel or polished nickel finish. Maybe they do but I`ve not seen it. I didn`t really look for it because I`d already decided on the one that I was going to purchase. Do they offer it in the finishes that I`ve mentioned?

Oh yeah, and I think that this one is about $900.00 That`s a big difference in pricing for only a few mild differences.

Bilt4Comfort
October 27, 2007, 12:19 PM
Woody...the sights that came with your 75B were Tritium? Are you sure they aren't just glow in the dark paint?

woodstock72000@yahoo.com
October 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, at first I didn`t know so I contacted the dealer where I bought the gun. He`s got two others in his store and both of them also have the tritium sights. I sent an email to CZ and they replied by stating we sometimes offer tritium sights on various models...
I posted a pic after a not so nice comment was made on another thread. The pic was taken after removing the gun from the case in a room with no lights. They shine like the stars. I don`t know why, but they`re on it.

glk23
October 27, 2007, 05:13 PM
75B = safety
75BD = decocker

SP01 = safety
SP01 Tactical = decocker

Hope that helps.

deanodog
October 27, 2007, 05:35 PM
Here is a pic. of the CZ 75BD decocker.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/deanodog/auto%20pistols/000_0150.jpg

CZF
October 27, 2007, 09:51 PM
CZ-USA might still have some Adam Tyc posters. His shooting is also on Yu Tube I believe.

I think he uses the SP-01 Shadow like Angus does. Angus shot the best for 2007.

Agnus has a website where you can buy CZ stuff like shirts, caps, and grips. He also
has bulk .45 and 9mm bullets at incredible pricing!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/czteams.jpg
www.ghostholster.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz75 2005 World Ipsc Champ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!