Maryland concealed carry

PDA

Deles136
July 14, 2003, 11:21 PM
Can someone bring me up to date about Maryland concealed carry status?

Many thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "Maryland concealed carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cliff
July 15, 2003, 01:01 AM
Packing.org (http://packing.org)

Gray Peterson
July 15, 2003, 02:32 AM
Can Kharn elaborate on what's being going on with the state police lately?

Deles136
July 15, 2003, 05:13 AM
Cliff - Packing had everything, thanks. Does not look good for your state, is anything going on to make any changes?

Kharn
July 15, 2003, 07:43 AM
Sorry, havent been able to dig much in the last couple months, college comes before being a pain in the MSP's butt. Last I heard, Ehlrich was going to have the State Police do an administrative fix (run it more like shall-issue than may-issue), but I havent been able to confirm that it occured or if the new policy is in effect.

Kharn

greyhound
July 15, 2003, 08:01 AM
From what I understand, you are still going to have to prove that

a) you have documented (i.e. police reports) threats against your life. If you can prove this you can theoretically get a permit to carry everywhere.

or

b) you can document (receipts and bank statements) that you carry large amounts of cash to the bank. Prove this,, and you might be allowed to carry ONLY to and from the bank.

What Gov. Erlich is trying to do is to get the Maryland State Police to at least adhere to the above criteria. Under previous administrations, the (unspoken) policy was to flat out deny everybody.

So the only thing we have to hope for is an extremely weak may-issue system, nowhere near shall-issue. But, I guess that although we are a far cry from being allowed our rights, it is better than nothing. :banghead: :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Maryland concealed carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!