Bought my second gun today

PDA

NIGHTWATCH
July 15, 2003, 01:28 AM
Needed to treat myself today, so I bought a second REM 870 MARINE MAGNUM. :D I wanted to have two because I think that they are so dang beautiful! ;) but, the experience was a little bumpy.

First off, I caught a train from brooklyn all the way to Mineola long island. The gun shop was closed. :( Me being a knucklehead, I was determined to get my shotgun. So I headed back into the city. A shop near cityhall called "Ironworks". They were open.

As I get to the entrance, I see a big sign...POLICE ONLY. :confused: I enter anyway. Let see if they have the nerve to tell me that I cant buy a firearm. Moooohahahahaaaa! Can you say LAWSUIT? :evil:

No problem. They have a marine mag. It was from what I saw, at least fired once or twice. The action was not as smooth as I remember my first MM, but I wanted it. Done.

Get home and break out all the accessories I had stashed just for this day (now here is where it gets bumpy) and begin to install my CompStock. As Im screwing it in, I find that the plastic structure within is fractured and tearing further. :what:

Thank God that part of the butt stock that came with the Remy fit. I will probably get a new CompStock from Knoxx industries soon, but I got me another Remy.

P.S.- As I left the store I told the owner that I was offended by that sign. As a gunowner, the sign may well have said, " WHITES ONLY". I think he got my point. Its a civil right.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought my second gun today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
July 15, 2003, 01:45 AM
Everybody stay away from NIGHTWATCH. Sounds like he's got the I-need- another-gun-disease. :D :D. Usually incureable once the onset begins and extremely contagious when others with similar genetic disposition get too close or read his posts.. :D
OhmyGodIfeeltheneedtobuysomething

NIGHTWATCH
July 15, 2003, 02:31 AM
:D

bogie
July 15, 2003, 11:19 AM
Well, I'd suspect that the "police only" sign is the equivalent of letting rather dumb crooks know that robbing the Dunkin Donuts would be a Bad Thing.

Nathaniel Firethorn
July 15, 2003, 11:31 AM
Well, I'd suspect that the "police only" sign is the equivalent of letting rather dumb crooks know that robbing the Dunkin Donuts would be a Bad Thing.Near where I live, there is a certain deli that's a lunchtime hangout for the township's "finest." This deli has an ATM machine.

One night, someone broke in and stole the whole machine. Never found, and perps never caught.

In some places, breaking into the Dunkin Donuts is not a problem.

- pdmoderator

VaughnT
July 15, 2003, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the buy! I was just shopping today, too, and almost picked up a NIB Springer Milspec. Boy, that's a small front sight on those things!! For $450, it would have made a nice project gun, but I really want another stainless S80 so I can use it at work.

Still, I might buy it when I make it through my 12-week workout program. I need to buy myself something as a reward and.....

Ala Dan
July 15, 2003, 04:00 PM
Greeting's NIGHTWATCH-

As you know, you made an EXCELLENT purchase; as
in the 12 gague Remington 870 Marine Magnum. I
have one that I bought NIB for the fantastic sum of
$379.88 + sales tax. It's still in its original condition,
with all the papers, box, and etc. Wouldn't take a
wooden nickle for it either!:uhoh: :rolleyes: :D

By the way, what is the going price for those things
now?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

NIGHTWATCH
July 15, 2003, 04:30 PM
We both got great deals. :) The msrp is about $570 for the MM. I payed $500 +tax. Had I bought it in the first gunshop I would have payed $560, so it worked out for the better that they were closed. :D

Ala Dan
July 15, 2003, 11:22 PM
Thanks NIGHTWATCH! As I was just wondering.
Mine was purchased from my local dealer, around
Christmas time 1999 (?, I believe). I keep it in gem
mint condition; and use it for home defense!:uhoh: :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Black92LX
July 15, 2003, 11:46 PM
Sounds like he's got the I-need- another-gun-disease.

i have just aquired that too. i bought my first gun 2 weeks ago and it's time for more. just look at the sig.

the shotgun is coming in the next week or so, the lever action between the shotgun and christmas. if before christmas i will find something else to get at christmas time. then april when i turn 21 it's on to a whole new world of handguns. so my guess is 3 guns by christams then one more in april. i definatly got the bug.

but hey i may as well get them while i can, with all these damn restrictions the liberals are trying to pass.:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought my second gun today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!