Taurus 24/7 pro 45acp

PDA

railroader
October 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
I just bought a taurus 24/7 pro 45acp on friday. Now for the 10 day waiting period here in california. I googled the 24/7 45acp and it looks like it has it's share of problems, namely crappy mags that make the rounds nosedive. Did I purchase a problem child? Feedback from owners would be appreciated. The funny thing is I didn't need another 45 but the good price and the fact that it is a cocked and locked polymer striker fired pistol kinda sucked me in. Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 24/7 pro 45acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Whirlwind06
October 29, 2007, 12:29 PM
Mine had bad mags out of the box. I replaced the mags springs with Wolff springs for the Para-Ordnance P12 I had to clip a few coils to get them to work. But it runs great now. At the 500 round mark now no problems other than the mag springs.

Bobo
October 29, 2007, 12:49 PM
There have been about three iterations of the 24/7 Pro .45. The first two had some problems including magazine issues. The third generation is pretty much problem free.

railroader
October 29, 2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the info. It looks like my gun was made in the middle of 2006. Also the mags look like they are probably the old style mags from pics on the net. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Mark

MPanova
October 30, 2007, 05:29 AM
Im guessing you bought it used? doesnt matter Taurus will replace mags for free if you do happen to have a problem, they also have a life time warrenty even if you are not the original owner so again Taurus will fix it if it has a problem, I have one from 2006 and it just reached the 10,000 round mark and ran 100% perfect, I have a 2007 model I carry on a daily basis and it has been perfect for over 2000 rounds most of which was JHP. I think most of the mag problems from the 2006 run were the 12 round mags but your in comifornia so you should be getting the 10 rounders right?

railroader
October 30, 2007, 06:48 AM
I bought it new and yes it comes with 10 round mags in here in california. I just hope it runs good so I don't have to deal with warranty work. Mark

MPanova
October 30, 2007, 07:09 AM
Well I would have thought by now all the 06 models would be gone but guess not, how did you determine it was a 2006? just curious. Either way it should work just fine. I know both of mine do

railroader
October 30, 2007, 05:00 PM
I searched and found a post on how to date them and it came up about mid 2006. Mark

.357 magnum
October 30, 2007, 06:01 PM
I have a 24/7 .45acp made in January 2007. I am very pleased with the gun. It has a slim grip and excellent balance. It shoots better then my XD service model .45, because it is actually more accurate. It also has been dead reliable so far, around 700 Rds. I thought the mag problems were worked out earlier. I think a mid 2006 model should be good. The first 24/7 .45 I had was made in 2005. I could not even shoot the first mag I ever put in it. It would not feed at all. I took it back to Cabela's and they did a total refund at the gun counter. They re-purchased the gun. I do not know if this is their normal policy. They were very nice about it. I have purchased three other guns from them, so I am a regular. I sure hope the one you have is a good one!:) Take care!

The Best to You and Yours!

Frank

weregunner
October 30, 2007, 06:05 PM
Calling Taurus customer service at 1-305-624-1115. Then give them the serial # and they do the rest.
Or go to www.taurususa.com and scroll the Customer Care box on the left side of the screen. Another section comes up with Find My Model. Enter the serial # and the info should come up.
Might as well be sure.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 24/7 pro 45acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!