Shooting Ranges in Memphis, LoO (that's TN)

PDA

El Tejon
July 15, 2003, 08:05 AM
Last night in boxing club we confirmed our club's travel to Memphis, Land of Orange for a seminar in September. I have promised the young lions of my club that I will take them shooting and they look forward to going.

Any suggestions for an indoor or outdoor pistol range in Memphis, TN? I thank you for your time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Ranges in Memphis, LoO (that's TN)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AndABeer
July 15, 2003, 09:40 AM
www.rangeusa.com, my personal favorite

www.rangemaster.com

There is a public range at Shelby Farms for now anyway, dunno if the city is still trying to close it. Whole lotta rules though.

Top Brass in Millington

There is also http://www.memphis-ssa.com/ but it is a private club so you may be outta luck there unless you contact them about some sort of guest membership.

tobeat1
July 15, 2003, 09:44 AM
MSSA, or Midsouth Sport Shooting Association- located about 15 minutes from Memphis just outside of Lakeland. It is THE largest shooting range in the midsouth. Trap, skeet, highpower, IPSC and cowboy action ranges. Very nice range. It is NRA sanctioned. Nice people out there. It is a private range but members can bring a guest. No shooting after sundown. They are generally not that strict and I am sure arrangements could be made if more than one person would like to go. For something actually in Memphis you could try Range USA or Rangemasters. Both are good facilities but Range USA is a bit nicer. They are both open to around 10pm or so.

El Tejon
July 15, 2003, 09:50 AM
And and to, thank you, gentlemen. Range USA looks like what I want.

The young lions (and an old one) of the kwoon thank you.

ralphtt
July 15, 2003, 12:23 PM
I shot sporting clays at MSSA in January while visiting my daughter in Germantown. They were very receptive to a complete stranger after I filled out a routine questionairre that confirmed I was a member of a club at home. Nice SC course too . . . thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.

As I recall, they have a strict limit of three visits for guests . . . and that is in a lifetime. So . . . guess I have two more coming. Living 500 miles away it is not practical to join, and I'll use up my two additional freebies on my next two visits to the Memphis area . . . :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Ranges in Memphis, LoO (that's TN)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!