Update on primer strikes

PDA

sel366
October 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
Went to Wally World and picked up a 100rd box of the target loads for the Sigma that was having issues. I shot 50rds without a hitch, so it must be the Blazer and its hard primers. I did try the Blazer in my PT140 with great success also. I even shot the dented primer ammo that the Sigma wouldn't fire off. So, I think I got a pretty good deal on this SW40C from CDNN. $199 with $13 shipping. Not to bad, it will make a nice truck/ 4-wheeler/ canoe/ backpack gun.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Update on primer strikes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Majic
October 29, 2007, 02:07 PM
That S&W may need a new mainspring.

FieroCDSP
October 29, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hmm.... I've never had issues with CCI ammo in my Sigma. I did have a few fail to fire's with WWB. I agree with the other guy. CHange your striker spring and also make sure the inside of the firing pin/striker chamber is free of crud. It doesn't take much to build up there and prevent a hard strike.

sel366
October 29, 2007, 03:12 PM
Can anyone tell me how to clean/ change out the spring. I have looked but have yet to figure it out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Update on primer strikes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!