Gun polls: Cost, features

PDA

Fisherman_48768
October 29, 2007, 11:04 PM
It occured to me while reading the poll results that a marketing rep for any gun manufactor should be paying attention to these polls. They definitely tell what the shooting public want and are willing to pay for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun polls: Cost, features" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WVMountainBoy
October 30, 2007, 06:06 AM
If a marketing rep read a poll his brain would inplode...I mean have you ever wondered why cars keep missing their markets and we get SD pistols with key holes in them? I know this is a gun forum, but marketing snaffos with cars are one of my peeves. It infuriates me that I can't get a stripped 5 speed half ton truck with a v8, 4x4, limited slip front and rear, and no electronics getting in the way. I don't like push button 4 wheel, I want a differential lever dangit. Chevy comes close, but they want that blasted on-star on everything. I'd probably look a lot harder at a new truck if I could get that build...
As for guns, you're right...if a marketing guru removed his cranium from his posterior and started hitting forums like this...they might hit one out of the park...with every other model.

obxned
October 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
Speaking of trucks - remember when the floor was covered with rubber instead of carpet?? Sure was a lot easier to get the mud, blood, and beer out of it with a simple splash of water.

strat81
October 30, 2007, 12:15 PM
They definitely tell what the shooting public want and are willing to pay for it.
They tell what gun ENTHUSIASTS want. Gun enthusiasts are not the majority of firearm owners.

I mean have you ever wondered why cars keep missing their markets
Hmmm, the Camry and Accord keep selling better and better every year. If you read a car forum, the members want to put V12 turbos in everything from Civics to Saturns to F-150s.

While enthusiast forums have some good information on them, they generally are not good indicators for what the public (as a whole) wants.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun polls: Cost, features" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!