Xd45 Wow

PDA

AWMP
October 30, 2007, 08:48 PM
I purchased the XD45 Service Model and I can say is WOW ! Shoots great, carries great, fired 75 rounds an hour after I bought it, shot perfect! Not a single problem and was hitting everything. I was impressed by the trigger, the ability to carry 14 rounds in a pistol where the grip feels like great in your hand. I was comparing the XD45 Service to the Glock 21SF, the grip of the XD feels so much better that it was not a fair comparison. I have carried a 1911 and just about every pistol made, I'm truly impressed with the XD and plan to purchase more XDs in other calibers. And yes I am replacing the guide rod, still bugs me it sticks out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Xd45 Wow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BamBam-31
October 30, 2007, 08:54 PM
Congrats! I loves me my XD 45 Tactical as well. Very surprised by its accuracy and ergonomics.

A good selection of XD parts (inclucing guide rods) can be found over at www.pistolgear.com.

tnieto2004
October 30, 2007, 09:17 PM
I love my XD the trigger with smooth out and become even better than it is new!

Lennyjoe
October 31, 2007, 08:12 AM
Yep, the XD 45 service model is a fine weapon.

I have one and it's replaced my Kimber Pro Carry as my primary CCW piece.

My son (springerman) has an XD9 that he purchased prior to me getting mine. I liked it and decided to get one of my own but in a better caliber.

Now, if Sprinfield would make an XD in 10MM. I'd be in heaven if they did!

bigmike45
October 31, 2007, 08:50 AM
I've been carrying mine for over a year now in a Brommeland Max Con V IWB Holster. It is a hoot to shoot and extremely accurate. In over 2000 rounds I have yet to experience a problem.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/MCVSET.jpg

tinygnat219
October 31, 2007, 08:59 AM
You will like your pistol. These things tend to grow in your collection. It's a nice double stack handgun.
VERY nice.

Wayne G.
October 31, 2007, 09:08 AM
I'm particularly fond of my XD45 service model as well! Absolutely flawless. My wife has confiscated it and claimed if for her own. It's her favorite.

And yes I am replacing the guide rod, still bugs me it sticks out.
I believe it actually serves a function. If you press the muzzle up against a hard surface, it stays in battery, unlike some other polymer pistols. Do you want to lose this feature?

possum
October 31, 2007, 10:20 AM
congrats i am glad to see another happy xd owner i love the 2 that i have and there will definetly be more in the future for me as well. btw i got a don's guide rod ss that works great, get them off of www.pistolgear.com as well as the wolff springs to go with it. btw i am glad that you like it, and the trigger gets better with use.

If you enjoyed reading about "Xd45 Wow" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!