Beretta 391 Extrema

PDA

Snagglepuss
October 31, 2007, 08:37 PM
Can anyone help me out with my choice to buy this gun. What are the positive and negatives. I just had my first year hunting duck and goose and I am anxious to get my own gun. I borrowed a Remington 870 but I want to buy something I can grow into and also keep for years. Please feel free to make other suggestions as I know this is an expensive gun and I may be better served with something else. Thanks :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 391 Extrema" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RNB65
October 31, 2007, 09:11 PM
Some folks may argue the Benelli, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better waterfowling shotgun than the Extrema. I shoot clays with a 391 Urika and it puts every other autoloader I've ever fired to shame. IMHO, Beretta is the finest maker of shotguns in the world today.

mswestfall
November 1, 2007, 12:48 PM
The Baretta AL 391 series of guns are great guns! They work well out of the box and have few problems over their long life. Fixes are readily available.

I've personally not fired an Extrema just a Urika. I often shoot an AL 391 Urika Parallel. It has a mercury weight in the stock and on the end of the magazine tube. It swings well and is the right weight for the clay shooting that I do.

I've tried slugs out of it. They tend to shoot about 9" high (because it's a Parallel; high combed gun) at 50 yards so I don't use it for dear hunting.

Be sure to get a gun that fits you, whatever you decide.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 391 Extrema" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!