Where can I buy this??

PDA

Lightsped
November 1, 2007, 05:21 PM
Where can I buy this "Have a nice day!" item for my 1911s? Is it available for other semiautos such as Glocks, SIGs, and H&Ks?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee271/gunsamerica/haveaniceday.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I buy this??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountGlockula
November 1, 2007, 05:24 PM
Looks like it was custom engraved. Contact your local engraver and they can do the job for you.

Just bring the barrel bushing/recoil spring...NOT the whole gun!

Cougfan2
November 1, 2007, 05:46 PM
I love it! :D

CoRoMo
November 1, 2007, 06:45 PM
I'm going to have to get that engraved on every gun I've got!!

Walkalong
November 2, 2007, 09:52 AM
I love it! :D
Big Ditto.

CWL
November 2, 2007, 02:28 PM
Dang! Now I'm going to have to grind the knurling off-of some plugs and spend some time with an engraver!

The ones I actually like best were from the movie "The Boondock Saints", if you look carefully, the first Russian had a hammer & sickle insignia etched into his DE.

The Lone Haranguer
November 2, 2007, 11:28 PM
Is it available for other semiautos such as Glocks, SIGs, and H&Ks?

I would say not, since none of these guns have a recoil spring plug to give you a working surface for the engraving.

Assuming it is not a Photoshop job ... :scrutiny: That is some skilled metalworking to remove the knurling from the spring plug (or fabricate a new one with a smooth front surface) and engrave letters and figures that small yet still clear and legible. :)

Mr. X v3
November 3, 2007, 10:27 AM
That, gents, is an EGW "Monogram Carry Bevel Bushing & Plug" that has been engraved. The plug has a notch cut out of the top that mates with the bushing so it doesn't rotate. EGW says they will engrave custom logos.

I have never dealt with EGW but everyone that has says that they are a top notch company with awesome products.

the link:

http://egw-guns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_26&products_id=202

X

Mr. X v3
November 3, 2007, 10:31 AM
Looking at the "have a nice day" again... I am not sure the bushing is an EGW part... but they certainly would fit the bill.

X

hksw
November 3, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hmmm, seems like a good place to put that Peace Through Superior Firepower logo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I buy this??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!