Decisions decisions

PDA

sb350hp
November 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
Here is my quandry. I am in the market for new 1911 and just spent quite some time at the gun counter closely comparing the SW1911PD to the Kimber custom carry. Ohh man.

I must say that the SW w/ the scandium frame and ct grips is just plain sexy, good feelin and I am sure reliable. But the Kimber is not ugly ducklin. Price is very very close so that is not really a factor.

Whats your experience or preference (not that it will change my mind or make up my mind) I just want to know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Decisions decisions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
November 2, 2007, 05:23 AM
I have had my Kimber Custom II for several years. I have never had a problem.

Some point out that the S&Ws have an external extractor, which has been known to be problematic. MY main hangup with the SW1911, is that it seems like Ford building a Camaro. Just doesn't match up.

JoeHatley
November 2, 2007, 09:43 AM
S&Ws have an external extractor, which has been known to be problematic

In over 17k rounds, mine has worked just fine. I don't doubt some folks somewhere have had issues, it's just that I've never seen any.

Joe

Ala Dan
November 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
Like my friend Joe Hatley, I have a S&W 1911 that has performed
flawlessly; and runs 'tit for tat' with my Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Decisions decisions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!