Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm

PDA

Tom Servo
November 1, 2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone have any experience with this gun? I'm curious as to reliability.

I have a chance at one for a very good price, which makes up for having to change out the dreadful stock sights. I've wanted a 9mm Commander for awhile.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
November 2, 2007, 10:43 AM
I just purchased a used Kimber Tactical Pro 9MM. It came with a "Springfield Mag" which was supposedly the best mags for reliability according to the previous owner. He also said it had been super reliable.

I took it out and shot my generic reloads of Ranier 115 RN. On almost every clip the 3rd or 4th round would nose dive into the face of the clip. It never failed to feed, (if the round made it out of the mag) fire, or eject. I do not know if it is an ammo issue, a mag issue, or what. I will be playing with it to find out, including trying other mags. I may purchase a factory mag for it. It shot very well, except for the feeding problem, always the 3rd or 4th round. I expect to find the solution and am not worried about it. Overall, it is a fine weapon.

Ala Dan
November 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
I have a 3" Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry, that is my daily CCW piece. If
memory serves me correctly, I have owned this weapon for approximately
1-1/2 years now; and its operation has been 100% flawless, with all types
of ammo including all major brands of JHP's~! :scrutiny: :cool: ;) :D

Shooters Plus
November 2, 2007, 12:53 PM
No experience with the Pro Carry in 9mm but I do have one in .45 ACP with the alloy frame. It's a very nice handgun. I did have some break-in issues with it when new as it was very tight but after about 600 rds and a new recoil spring she came alive.

Good luck:)

Tom Servo
November 2, 2007, 02:00 PM
I've got a CDP in .45 that's been flawless since break-in. I was curious about it in 9mm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!